Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
ok thanks peter, didnt fancy a skint in jail should i go visit at some point lol,

see theres a difference in what we both were told, i was told at manila immigration that the permanent rc wouldnt expire,

i will only go back if i dont get residency here for Lolita, because by the time that decision is made , then the irish residency will no longer be active, 6 month out of country
It's quite true that your Perm Res will only need renewing after 5 years.
However, without strictly following your re-entry rules you could end up losing it.
You'll need to present your 13a ACR and be sure that your entry stamp clearly states 13a before moving away from the immigration desk.
If a mistake was made in your entry stamp it can be corrected at the desk, but I'm told despite a mistake it can never be corrected once you've left the desk.

Now, your immigration shows that your AR has been missed for 'n' times.
I have no idea what should be done in that case. Maybe just pay the missing AR fees plus penalties........For that scenario I'd advise further research.

Anyway on the positive side you may well find some delays etc getting a Residence Card issued. But hang on in there and eventually it'll get sorted.