Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vasectomy

vasectomy

whos had it and did it HURT

Trusted Member
    I think mine's already gummed up through lack of use...would it make a difference anyway ?

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I think mine's already gummed up through lack of use...would it make a difference anyway ?
    , thats funny

Respected Member
    I need to have it done, but keep putting off....

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    whos had it and did it HURT
    A friend of mine booked a half day holiday from work to get it done.
    He didn't come back for a good two weeks

I won't go into details.

He did say the procedure itself was pretty painless, but he got very badly bruised somehow and had some nasty after effects.

Doctor to Nurse:- "I said please remove his SPECTACLES"

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    A friend of mine booked a half day holiday from work to get it done.
    He didn't come back for a good two weeks

I won't go into details.

He did say the procedure itself was pretty painless, but he got very badly bruised somehow and had some nasty after effects.
    there somehow seems to be my answer

there somehow seems to be my answer
    Warning, off-topic post ahead...............

My brother had a vasectomy at a fairly early age based on his wife never wanting children.
    They divorced within 2 years.
    She married again and had 3 kids

My brother married again, but divorced soon after as his then wife wanted kids.

Very sad. Well for me since I lost my young brother way too early.
    He was on his 4th marriage and never knew how to choose a good partner.
    I miss him.

Sorry Steve, I digress.
    There's a message somewhere

well at 55 nearly and with our plans i think its fair for me to think about it ,
    it was Ems who mentioned it to me,
    THATS IT TOO MUCH THINKING, i shall leave it

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    No problem, I had it done in the late sixties, it was performed by a student doctor (a young lady) under supervision. It only took 5mins, no pain at all!

My hubby said he will have vasectomy done after I give birth on our third child. Well, after all we dont have plans of divorcing each other. Although at times, we are like cats and dogs. lol.

Respected Member
    Now that we have two kids, I'm going to gracefully retire from reproduction and get it done!

I chatted it through with my GP a couple of weeks ago. It's a simple procedure, but apparently I need to attend a counselling session first. That's booked for mid June.

But what surprised me is that once you've had it done, it can be 5 or 6 months before you're properly sterile. I assumed it was instant.

As most regulars here know, I was widowed at the age of 47. Eventually, in my early 50s, I plucked up the courage to go out to 'Singles Nights' ... a brave new venture for someone whose last encounter with a dance floor (as a "free agent") had been nearly three decades earlier. Not unnaturally, my initial feelings were akin to those of an embarrassed teenager by the time the hotel receptionist led me through to the venue where that particular night's festivities were to take place.

As it happened, my anxiety was soon quelled on being introduced to a couple of divorced guys ... Frank & Gordon who befriended me. And thus began an exciting new chapter in my life.

Anyway, the three of us became almost inseparable most weekends - especially on Sunday evenings - when we would "go clubbing" to loads of other venues in towns and cities further afield ... usually conveyed by there by Frank, an off-duty taxicab owner.

Now Frank was a chatty bloke (ask Les ... it's
    an "occupational hazard" with taxi drivers Les, but in my experience it's true!). Often, the topic of conversation would resort to discussions on men's issues during our journeys. And, on one such occasion, Frank revealed he'd had "the snip". Apparently Gordon had intended having it done also, but "chickened out" in advance.

Alas Frank died very suddenly of a heart attack - standing upright still clutching the lawnmower while cutting his grass (nothing to do with his vasectomy, I hasten to add!) one Sunday afternoon in the Autumn of 2002 - a month shy of retirement ... though I still keep in touch with Gordon socially for the [very] occasional pub visit.

No one heard of safe sex

I don't think and have never considered a vasectomy after having children. I really don't see the reason for it, specially when there are alternatives to invasive surgery.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post

I really don't see the reason for it, specially when there are alternatives to invasive surgery.
    , Steve ... NOR do I !

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    As most regulars here know, I was widowed at the age of 47. Eventually, in my early 50s, I plucked up the courage to go out to 'Singles Nights' ... a brave new venture for someone whose last encounter with a dance floor (as a "free agent") had been nearly three decades earlier. Not unnaturally, my initial feelings were akin to those of an embarrassed teenager by the time the hotel receptionist led me through to the venue where that particular night's festivities were to take place.

As it happened, my anxiety was soon quelled on being introduced to a couple of divorced guys ... Frank & Gordon who befriended me. And thus began an exciting new chapter in my life.

Anyway, the three of us became almost inseparable most weekends - especially on Sunday evenings - when we would "go clubbing" to loads of other venues in towns and cities further afield ... usually conveyed by there by Frank, an off-duty taxicab owner.

an "occupational hazard" with taxi drivers Les, but in my experience it's true!). Often, the topic of conversation would resort to discussions on men's issues during our journeys. And, on one such occasion, Frank revealed he'd had "the snip". Apparently Gordon had intended having it done also, but "chickened out" in advance.

Alas Frank died very suddenly of a heart attack - standing upright still clutching the lawnmower while cutting his grass (nothing to do with his vasectomy, I hasten to add!) one Sunday afternoon in the Autumn of 2002 - a month shy of retirement ... though I still keep in touch with Gordon socially for the [very] occasional pub visit.
    What an interesting story Arthur

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Yes, I enjoyed reading about Arthur and his mates clubbing.

Bit of a dark horse it seems, our Arthur.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Thanks, Michael.

I have never felt any "compelling urge" to undergo the procedure. And, of course, having since been diagnosed with diabetes, I no longer see the "point", in a manner of speaking.

most people do not realize it is very frightning walking into a strange bar when you are alone , i dont like it too, all ways nice when you can see someone you know, a nice little snippit to your past Arthur, thankyou

a nice little snippit
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Good hay snippit

Banned
    ive known a couple of guys who had the snip--to spare their wives the risk of further pregnancies. in both cases---the marriage subsequently failed---the guys remarried---only to find re-constructive surgery was not possible. make of that what you will.

i still fire live rounds.

like anything in life nothing is guranteed we all hope for nothing to happen, just like getting pregnant, but if it happened well you shall get on with it,

Yes, I enjoyed reading about Arthur and his mates clubbing.
    Thanks, Graham ... I'm glad you enjoyed "delving into" my "murky" past. Yes, those were the days!!! However, the emphasis here is on the word "were" ... because, much as I relished re~living my teenage years in my fifties [at the time] I certainly had my share of "ups and downs" romantically! What 'singleton' doesn't? (I'm not talking about this > side of things either, but rather, the emotional fallout!) e.g., at one stage, I even stupidly got engaged (for all of a fortnight! ) to a 41-yr-old when I was 53. Trouble was, her jealous nature impacted on her basic insecurities ... for instance, she repeatedly accused me of fancying some of her considerably younger friends. ... as IF!

Anyhow ... I learned a few hard lessons - notably ... that good looks are purely superficial ... that what, in fact, really counts is a woman's inner beauty ... i.e., her personality.

Thankfully, I'm once again in the fortunate position of being very happily married to a woman who ticks all the boxes that ANY man could wish for; therefore, there's no way I'd ever want to return to the lifestyle I've just described.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw View Post
    Bit of a dark horse it seems, our Arthur.
    Only temporarily ... well ... 17 years actually! Luckily for me, my "long~suffering" mum (who was still alive at the time) never knew the half of what her "wayward" elder son got up to during that interlude between his two marriages.

Trusted Member
    Just as I suspected.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    ive known a couple of guys who had the snip--to spare their wives the risk of further pregnancies. in both cases---the marriage subsequently failed---the guys remarried---only to find re-constructive surgery was not possible. make of that what you will.

i still fire live rounds.
    It can be reversed Bigmac, even at my age, my GP in the UK told me but I would have to go private and would cost approx £3500!

Trusted Member
    Nowadays I think you can have some of your 'stuff' frozen before the Stanley knife comes out.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    No one heard of safe sex

I don't think and have never considered a vasectomy after having children. I really don't see the reason for it, specially when there are alternatives to invasive surgery.
    Totally agree. .my wife's idea of contraception is not at all. .saving a bundle on condoms, annoying frequent showers and such like...Once a week is enough, whether I need it or not.

On the other hand, for the sake of a harmonious, enduring long loving relationship, I would absolutely NOT recommend this method of contraception.

Cheers
    Mark

Nowadays I think you can have some of your 'stuff' frozen before the Stanley knife comes out.
    ... and I had been wondering WHY my pal, Gordon "did a runner" prior to the event.

I even stupidly got engaged (for all of a fortnight! ) to a 41-yr-old when I was 53. Trouble was, her jealous nature impacted on her basic insecurities ... for instance, she repeatedly accused me of fancying some of her considerably younger friends. ... as IF!
    Heather, she was called. Now I KNOW the answer to the about the homosexual Highlander who ...

... preferred peat to heather!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information