Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vasectomy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    It can be reversed Bigmac, even at my age, my GP in the UK told me but I would have to go private and would cost approx £3500!
    Oh yes, it can be reversed and it will cost you that sort of money.

Unfortunately, success rates are not as successful as the actual vasectomy. In fact it is way below the success of the vasectomy. ..Our own Doc Alan would be best to comment on this. .I would say you would need to be absolutely sure you don't want any more babies whatever the future could throw at you.

I was reversed in 2010, 16years after the initial operation at the Park bupa care hospital at Nottingham. .Dr Harriss. (that's correct spelling). I was lucky, my wife fell pregnant straight away then again 9 months later.

Hence why i sleep on the sofa!

I would never recommend having a vasectomy to anyone. .unless of course for health reasons.

Cheers
    Mark

vasectomy??
    I think men here in the UK should consider this , if they cannot keep their pants on!!
    it is so humiliating for us taxpayers to pay for their popped out babies
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    vasectomy??
    I think men here in the UK should consider this, if they cannot keep their pants on!!
    OUCH! Mari ... < (reacting, more appropriately, from "down below!" ) I watched a video clip of the procedure on You Tube after reading this thread ... and, in spite of its having been classified as a minor, pain~free operation, it looked to me like "anything but"!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    OUCH! Mari ... < (reacting, more appropriately, from "down below!" ) I watched a video clip of the procedure on You Tube after reading this thread ... and, in spite of its having been classified as a minor, pain~free operation, it looked to me like "anything but"!
    thanks Arthur i shall not watch youtube and thanks for all the other comments too, i shall stay as god made me and use my trusted way, TRUST ME EVERYTHING WILL BE OK , somehow after 3 kids i dont think that did work

*crosses legs after reading this thread.

I had a vasectomy before my fist wife died when our 3rd child was about 1, he is now 18. As i remember it wasn't particularly painful.

When i remarried recently 2009, decided to have a vasectomy reversal. The cost was £2500 and my god it was painful after for about 3 /4 weeks. The success rates are getting better and better and apparently mine was a success although no sign of a pregnancy yet.

My advice would be don't have the vasectomy in the first place as with hindsight I regretted it. I am now 59 but my wife obviously a lot younger and would like another child if we can. My VR was also done by MR Harris in Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by lordna View Post
    I had a vasectomy before my fist wife died when our 3rd child was about 1, he is now 18. As i remember it wasn't particularly painful.

When i remarried recently 2009, decided to have a vasectomy reversal. The cost was £2500 and my god it was painful after for about 3 /4 weeks. The success rates are getting better and better and apparently mine was a success although no sign of a pregnancy yet.

My advice would be don't have the vasectomy in the first place as with hindsight I regretted it. I am now 59 but my wife obviously a lot younger and would like another child if we can. My VR was also done by MR Harris in Nottingham.
    yes I agree, vasectomy could be a wrong choice for ''responsible'' people but how about the men who doesnt have any choice but
    to spread their semens??
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lordna View Post

After a lot of research, I plumped for Mr Harriss as well. ....he was one of the 3 most successful at the time (May.2010) at doing this process.

The morning after the RV he paid me a visit. The advice he gave was. ..'this is where you have to play your part, no sex for 2 weeks then after, do it as much as you can'. He said that live sperms didn't stop producing so, their are many dead sperms to clear'....the only sensation felt after the operation was a dull ache which lasted a few days...the tenderness lasted up until the end of the second week which by then I was prepared, under Mr Harriss's instruction, to get to work. I wasn't going to waste £2500!

I purchased a fertility monitor beforehand, which pinpointed my wife's ovulation exactly. She fell pregnant after the first ovulation cycle ..had we not of used that monitor, it was quite possible she wouldn't of become pregnant at all. It turns she didn't ovulate until day 23.
    It was the same case for Jobe our second baby.

Cheers
    Mark
    Last edited by gWaPito; 28th May 2013 at 02:58. Reason: make it readable

Trusted Member
    Already there are a range of members’ experiences and opinions about vasectomy, which is well explained here ( http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/contrac...ilisation.aspx ). It’s available as an NHS procedure in most cases ( perhaps on a waiting list ) but may also be done privately. In the Philippines it may be available in public hospitals or a few private hospitals / medical centres (http://www.health-tourism.com/vasectomy/philippines/ ).

It might be helpful to highlight a few facts :-
    • Although the tubes carrying sperm from the testes to the penis are cut, blocked or sealed permanently in almost all cases, sperm continue to be produced. This is unlike any other glands in the body ( where blockage of their ducts stops production of the hormone or other substance ). The sperm are “ absorbed “ ( destroyed in the testicles ).

• The ejaculate ( semen ) is about the same volume as before, but with no sperm. It does take up to 20 ejaculations, and 12 weeks before the semen is free of sperm. Semen samples must be tested by microscopic examination in the laboratory ( part of my work ) until no sperm are seen.

• Vasectomy doesn’t affect male hormone levels or sexual pleasure, or the risk of sexually-transmitted diseases, but the inability to father more children can have emotional effects.

• The various possible procedures to carry out vasectomy are generally safe, both short-term and long-term ( no increased risk of cancer / heart disease ).

• Reversal IS possible while not easy, but expensive and not usually available on the NHS. ( Rarely the tubes may reconnect as a result of new channels forming naturally. As sperm are still being formed they may once more be present in semen ).

• Counselling is ESSENTIAL before vasectomy. It may be informed discussion ( as here on the forum ) and also formal, not only for the man but also his partner. This is because there ARE other methods of “ family planning “ including female sterilisation.

• Informed consent is vital. It’s not for me to make judgements about the need or type of sterilisation – but ideally ANY man who is likely to regret having had a vasectomy will be identified - either informally or during counselling and examination before any procedure. Clearly some men may later regret their decision … through changed circumstances unforeseen at the time of the procedure. They also need support and of course consideration for reversal.

Trusted Member
    Thanks Doc Alan.

Thanks Alan, I am never going to do it. I am a modern man and have grown up knowing about protection/prevention. I think to be honest it is an outdated procedure.

Sars, maybe it is not the male population of the UK that need a vasectomy, too many mouths to feed back in Phils is what I was thinking.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Respected Member
    Thanks Doc Alan.

That's great info and will help when I go for my counselling session in a couple of weeks time.

I think having a vasectomy is the responsible thing to do, instead of always expecting the ladies to use the various drugs and contraptions available to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesey View Post

I think having a vasectomy is the responsible thing to do, instead of always expecting the ladies to use the various drugs and contraptions available to them.
    Why is it down to the woman to be 'expected' to do this. Condoms are free at any NHS clinic.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Why is it down to the woman to be 'expected' to do this. Condoms are free at any NHS clinic.
    Are they ?

Dammit...can't believe I've overlooked a freebie

Trusted Member
    Well, I suppose they may come in handy one day.

Why is it down to the woman to be 'expected' to do this.
    ... surely it's up to (or should that be for?) men to take THEIR share of the responsibility!

Condoms are free at any NHS clinic.
    [pun intended!] ... they're even available for "uplift" in hospital waiting areas; indeed, when I attended an outpatient appointment at Perth Royal Infirmary last Thursday morning, I had occasion to notice a shallow basket laden with "johnnies" in the main foyer.

Just another "snippet" of useful information at the "cutting edge" of family planning!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information