Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Finally the Longggggggggggg Waith is Over!!!

After 10 weeks and 2 days of stressfull waiting I finally got hold of my (27 months) spouse visa !!!!

I lodged my application last July 23. For the first call I made to the visa section of the embassy (made on the 9th week) the lady told me that the checking/verification of my docs was already finished and it will soon be forwarded to the assigned ECO. On the 2nd call (made on the 10th week) the person said that my application was already forwarded to the ECO latter part of 9th week. Then yesterday, I made my 3rd follow up call around 2pm and I can't believe what I heard. The lady who answered my call said that the result of my visa application has been issued already and on its way back to VFS. I just need to wait for a text message from the VFS if it's already available for pick up. True enough I got the text message from VFS around 630pm yesterday on my way home from work. At home I went online immediately to check if the status of my application in VFS website was already changed and it did!!!! That very moment I felt a mixture of excitement and nervousness because I still didn't know if the result was good. I was struggling to sleep. I think I fell asleep around 1am and then at 430am I suddenly woke up. I wasn't able to go back to sleep so I just chatted with my husband who was also feeling nervous like me. hehehe! Then the long-awaited time came at 3pm. I was already inside the VFS Center in Phil-AXA bldg. When my name was called to claim my documents I was really very nervous and my hands were shaking while I was signing the claim form. Once I was outside the VFS Center I tore open the brown envelope and looked for my passport. I almost cried because of overwhelming joy when I saw my spouse visa on the 5th page. It's really worth the wait and all the stress and agony I felt for the past 10 weks were suddenly wiped away. Then the next thing I did was to ring my loving husband to tell him the very good news and he was so happy and almost shouted for joy. hahaha! God is really good and I can't thank Him enough for another answered prayer. This is definitely a wonderful advance birthday gift for me and I will now be able to celebrate that special day of mine with my husband in Scotland. Yahoo!!!!!

I am also very happy that all the original documents I submitted were returned to me especially the cards.

Thanks to this forum that helped me with the preparation of my visa application and thanks to all the friends I gained since I joined here. For all those who are still waiting for the result of their visa application, keep the faith and don't lose patience. Your turn to hear the good news will come soon....
    Mench
    Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you hope and a future"

Congratulations

Very happy for you
    JOHN and VANESSA

Congrats sis and welcome to UK...

Quote Originally Posted by Sconnie View Post
    Congratulations

Very happy for you

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
    Mench
    Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you hope and a future"

congratulations...... so when are u coming to UK?

Quote Originally Posted by DianaKevy View Post
    congratulations...... so when are u coming to UK?
    My husband and I still have to look for available flights before Oct. 22 (my birthday). We're thinking of booking a flight with KLM/Air France.
    Mench

WOW...YIPEE!!! finally...I'm really Happy for you sis.... it's time for celebration.... see i told you it will be very soon... so what's the plan now???when is your flight??? I bet your husband is now cleaning your house in scotland...hehehehe and be prepared for cold weather...again CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Matt & Trina Leach

i see. then be ready for your winter clothes and thermal wear girl... try booking at expedia probably they have an available flights for you.

And Welcome to UK
    Matt & Trina Leach

Congratulations - Remember to buy lots of thick clothes as it freezing here at the moment

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    congrats sis mench!! i am so happy for you, safe travel to the uk sis mwah
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Well done Mench, congratulations to both you and your hubby.
    The waiting is over now and the most important this is that the result is positive. Now all the planning and the countdown to your arrival in the UK begins.
    Louella & Iain.

Quote Originally Posted by trina View Post
    WOW...YIPEE!!! finally...I'm really Happy for you sis.... it's time for celebration.... see i told you it will be very soon... so what's the plan now???when is your flight??? I bet your husband is now cleaning your house in scotland...hehehehe and be prepared for cold weather...again CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Thanks much sis for all the words of encouragement. It really help with my waiting. Actually my husband has already been renovating our house right after I lodged my visa application last July and he's still not done up to now. hehe! Hopefully we can get a flight before Oct 22. I now realized that I still have lots of things to do before I leave like the shipment of my stuffs, CFO seminar, and finalize my resignation from work.... The next 2 weeks will definitely be hectic.... but in a good way.... I'm just so excited knowing that I'll be with my husband soon!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maria_and_matt View Post
    congrats sis mench!! i am so happy for you, safe travel to the uk sis mwah
    Thanks Sis!!!! My husband told me that it's really starting to get cold now there in UK. I'm really dreading the freezing cold weather... hehe!
    Mench

Quote Originally Posted by stuartfarm View Post
    Congratulations - Remember to buy lots of thick clothes as it freezing here at the moment

Thanks for the reminder!
    Mench

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Well done Mench, congratulations to both you and your hubby.
    The waiting is over now and the most important this is that the result is positive. Now all the planning and the countdown to your arrival in the UK begins.
    Louella & Iain.

Thanks Iain!!! I'm still overwhelm with the uncontainable joy up to now. I can't seem to stop staring at my visa. Now I can enjoy my sleep.
    Mench

Congratulations! Oohhh so many sleepless nights...

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldine View Post
    Congratulations! Oohhh so many sleepless nights...
    Thanks sis!!!
    Mench

wow....what a good news... i visited the forum around 1pm-3pm today to find out if there is any good news i've heard coming to those who applied before mine esp menchkin whom i would like to hear any update regarding the status of her application....yes at 8:35pm tonight ....that excites me to know as well that she got her visa at last....which that means mine is getting nearer ...good luck menchkin.....you'll be in UK so soon.....be prepare for the upcoming cold weather...grrrrrrrrrr...i guess its freezing cold now.....

I really so hope I can have my visa as well...I am on my 23weeks pregnant, beginning my 9th weeks of waiting tommorow until friday nxt week............submitted last august 8...gosh scares me out now......

congrats menchkin...........................

Quote Originally Posted by marylen View Post
    wow....what a good news... i visited the forum around 1pm-3pm today to find out if there is any good news i've heard coming to those who applied before mine esp menchkin whom i would like to hear any update regarding the status of her application....yes at 8:35pm tonight ....that excites me to know as well that she got her visa at last....which that means mine is getting nearer ...good luck menchkin.....you'll be in UK so soon.....be prepare for the upcoming cold weather...grrrrrrrrrr...i guess its freezing cold now.....

I really so hope I can have my visa as well...I am on my 23weeks pregnant, beginning my 9th weeks of waiting tommorow until friday nxt week............submitted last august 8...gosh scares me out now......

congrats menchkin...........................

Thanks Marylen!!! As of today, the embassy is processing August 15 applications (that's posted in the VFS center). Your visa result will be issued in 2 weeks time so hang in there. I'm pretty sure it's also a positive one.
    Mench

what do u mean aug 15 mench.....? i submitted my application before that date, that was aug 8.............or you mean the embassy processing the month of august which is 15 applicants in all? so aug 1-15?

Quote Originally Posted by marylen View Post
    what do u mean aug 15 mench.....? i submitted my application before that date, that was aug 8.............or you mean the embassy processing the month of august which is 15 applicants in all? so aug 1-15?
    I am just giving an update as to what date of applications are now being processed by the embassy as of today (which is aug 15 applications). the result of your visa application is almost done since you lodged yours aug 8 right? so in the next couple of weeks expect your visa okie.... You can start calling the visa section once you enter your 9th week (same thing i did)
    Mench

congrats....(getting colder and colder now here)

Quote Originally Posted by flomike View Post
    congrats....(getting colder and colder now here)
    Thanks! Too bad I won't be able to experience UK summer when I get there....
    Mench

Wow !!!....congratulations!...God is really good....I am happy for you menchkin.

Quote Originally Posted by PAT View Post
    Wow !!!....congratulations!...God is really good....I am happy for you menchkin.
    Thank you so much PAT!!! I will look forward to hearing your good news soon. Hang in there okie and keep the faith.
    Mench

Quote Originally Posted by menchkin View Post
    Thank you so much PAT!!! I will look forward to hearing your good news soon. Hang in there okie and keep the faith.

thanks menchkin, I really hope for favorable result. Well back to you, I am really really happy for you and your hubby. Congratulations once again.

Quote Originally Posted by PAT View Post
    thanks menchkin, I really hope for favorable result. Well back to you, I am really really happy for you and your hubby. Congratulations once again.
    Let's continue to hope for a favorable result on your visa application. My husband is helping me book a flight for Oct 17. I'm just filled with so much joy at the moment because i finally got my visa.
    Mench

congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by menchkin View Post
    Let's continue to hope for a favorable result on your visa application. My husband is helping me book a flight for Oct 17. I'm just filled with so much joy at the moment because i finally got my visa.

It calls for double celebration.I can imagine how happy and excited you are to celebrate your birthday with your hubby....God will bless and keep you safe in your way to Scotland

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information