PDA

View Full Version : Catholic do gooders send supplies to Calais "migrants"

Dedworth
12th August 2015, 18:12
Parish churches are collecting and delivering clothes, toiletries and blankets for the migrants in Calais shantytown known as the "jungle".

http://www.thetablet.co.uk/news/2345/0/catholic-parishes-rushing-supplies-to-calais-migrants

Disgraceful - I hope these misguided fools are mugged and robbed by illegal immigrants :mad:

Tawi2
12th August 2015, 19:01
:crazy:

les_taxi
12th August 2015, 19:03
Great so they will think it is the land of milk and honey-bloody idiots:cwm23:
Oh noticed a picture of one of these poor persecuted souls at Callis-on his bloody mobile phone!
There is me thinking they have nothing:doh

stevewool
12th August 2015, 19:46
I think the best beat is to send them money for there bus fare back home, infact rather then sending £3 to join labour give it to these folk

London_Manila
13th August 2015, 00:43
Apparently some Jewish groups were saying that Cameron should show more compassion over the Calais affair
So thats fine then we can send them onward to Israel if they ever make into the UK :wink:

grahamw48
13th August 2015, 10:52
I'm sure Israel will welcome all the muslims amongst them with open arms. :smile:

SimonH
13th August 2015, 11:43
Totally off topic, but that's a nice new avatar Graham :smile:

Anything you want to tell us :Erm:

grahamw48
13th August 2015, 13:50
Oops...sorry.....yes.

Our son was born on the morning of the 11th ....8lbs...mother and baby both doing well. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
13th August 2015, 13:52
Oops...sorry.....yes.

Our son was born on the morning of the 11th ....8lbs...mother and baby both doing well. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:appl:Congrats Graham :xxgrinning--00xx3::66:

grahamw48
13th August 2015, 14:01
Cheers mate :xxgrinning--00xx3:.... sorry we're hogging your thread with baby pics. :icon_lol:

SimonH
13th August 2015, 14:14
Great news Graham :biggrin:

Now a new thread is needed with more details :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
13th August 2015, 14:58
Returning for a moment to the topic under discussion ... I think it's fair to point out that there are two ways :cwm25: of looking at this:

On the one hand, Churches - of all organisations - are (or should be) motivated by a sense of Christian obligation to re-enact the parable of 'The Good Samaritan' in alleviating the discomfort of those in distress ... hence their donations of clothing, blankets and toiletries, based on the principle that if they didn't rally round ... :anerikke: ... who else would?

On the other hand, in so doing, :iagree: they are misguidedly sending out the wrong message to hordes of people with "an eye to the main chance", and for whom there's simply no room here ... people who, in the prevailing circumstances, will merely continue to take advantage of the situation.