Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Things are coming together. My leave from work has been approved and I have my flights booked (£502 with Etihad via Philippine Island Connections). I arrive at 11pm on Saturday 28th January. I have my appointment booked at the embassy to hand in my affirmation on Monday 30th January. My fiancé and I then want to go to municipal hall to get the license on Tuesday 31st but that is not yet booked. I leave the Philippines at 6pm on Sunday 26th February, which is the 29th day of my stay. I'm then back in work on 1st March (boo!!)

One thing I want to ask if how much is the fee for the affirmation certificate? I have seen a price list online and I can't figure out which is the correct price. Also my appointment is with the Oaths, Affirmations and Affidavit department, is this right? Thanks in advance for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by ssbib View Post
    One thing I want to ask if how much is the fee for the affirmation certificate? I have seen a price list online and I can't figure out which is the correct price. Also my appointment is with the Oaths, Affirmations and Affidavit department, is this right? Thanks in advance for all the help.
    The Consular Fee Table can be found here:-
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...3_Jul_2016.pdf

You need to look under 401 (4) "Administering an oath, declaration or affirmation" which indicates a fee of (£50) Local P3,300

This can be confirmed if you review the British Embassy "Explanatory Notice to British Nationals Planning to Marry in the Philippines"
    Look at the "checklist of supporting documents" on page 2 where it states:-

" Payment of consular fee #4 for administering an affidavit or affirmation. Please refer to the
    table of consular fees for current rates in local currency. We accept cash payment only"

Take note of the caution NOT to sign your affirmation or affidavit before your appointment. You will sign this in the presence of consular staff.

Quote Originally Posted by ssbib View Post
    My fiancé and I then want to go to municipal hall to get the license on Tuesday 31st but that is not yet booked.
    Be sure you and your Fiancee know beforehand extactly the processes and documents needed by the authorities where you'll apply for the marriage licence.
    Including whether or not you'll be expected to attend the counselling session.

One the application for marriage licence can be submitted it will take at least 10 days before release.

Anyway, it looks like you have plenty of time if you need it.

Good luck.
    Do check, double check and triple check.
    Do check all forms for mistakes and errors especially with spelling of names.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    The Consular Fee Table can be found here:-
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...3_Jul_2016.pdf

You need to look under 401 (4) "Administering an oath, declaration or affirmation" which indicates a fee of (£50) Local P3,300

This can be confirmed if you review the British Embassy "Explanatory Notice to British Nationals Planning to Marry in the Philippines"
    Look at the "checklist of supporting documents" on page 2 where it states:-

" Payment of consular fee #4 for administering an affidavit or affirmation. Please refer to the
    table of consular fees for current rates in local currency. We accept cash payment only"

Take note of the caution NOT to sign your affirmation or affidavit before your appointment. You will sign this in the presence of consular staff.
    Thanks, I read through the paperwork on that site but I never saw the bit that said you are paying for Fee #4. I DID see about not signing it before the appointment, thanks for the reminder though. I need to print off my Affirmation in the next few days and then its sat waiting in the envelope with all my other paperwork.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Be sure you and your Fiancee know beforehand extactly the processes and documents needed by the authorities where you'll apply for the marriage licence.
    Including whether or not you'll be expected to attend the counselling session.

One the application for marriage licence can be submitted it will take at least 10 days before release.

Anyway, it looks like you have plenty of time if you need it.

Good luck.
    Do check, double check and triple check.
    Do check all forms for mistakes and errors especially with spelling of names.
    My fiance has been to the municiple court in Bulacan and already got the list, so we are well prepared in that regard. We are slowly getting all the paperwork together now. She is coming back to England on Friday so we will talk some more about the wedding plans. We have found a nice place to stay in Quezon City, close enough for her to get to work and so on. I think I might book that in the next few days. Things are really starting to come together. Thanks again to everyone for all the advice and support. You lot are lifesavers!!!

Thread Information