Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

How can my Fiancee exchange my CENOMAR and CNI for me, as I can be in country?

My wedding is in Cebu on the 29th Oct in the Church. We have exchanged the UK CNI with the local version at the Embassy in Manila, I have my Cenomar. I can't return to the Phillippines until 5 days before my wedding due to work commitments in the UK. My Fiancee tells me the people in the relevent department won't grant the marriage licence without me being present. Is there a way around this? it is a very expensive trip to fly over for a day to attend a document formality - all the screenings and seminars having been done previous, while I was there last.

Hope I can get some advise!
    Many thanks in advance
    Graham

Hello Graham, welcome here.

I have taken the liberty of moving your post to a new thread.

Hopefully someone will be along soon who may have a workable solution.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham7171 View Post
    My Fiancee tells me the people in the relevent department won't grant the marriage licence without me being present. Is there a way around this? it is a very expensive trip to fly over for a day to attend a document formality - all the screenings and seminars having been done previous, while I was there last.

What I did was arrange everything before I left the UK. Travelled to the Philippines and exchanged CNI at the embassy in Manila and then set the wedding up (marriage license / paperwork etc etc). Got married and stayed a further ten days. Worked well.

The whole thing was well organised in advance as it wouldn't have worked otherwise.

It took about 2 1/2 weeks in all including travel time.

Basically I landed in the Philippines just about 5 days before we married.

Landed very late on wednesday night, around midnight. CNI was exchanged over the thursday and friday as it took two days back then in 2011. Set the marriage licence up on the monday. Married on the tuesday. Remained in the Philippines for a further 10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    What I did was arrange everything before I left the UK. Travelled to the Philippines and exchanged CNI at the embassy in Manila and then set the wedding up (marriage license / paperwork etc etc). Got married and stayed a further ten days. Worked well.

The whole thing was well organised in advance as it wouldn't have worked otherwise.

It took about 2 1/2 weeks in all including travel time.

Basically I landed in the Philippines just about 5 days before we married.

Landed very late on wednesday night, around midnight. CNI was exchanged over the thursday and friday as it took two days back then in 2011. Set the marriage licence up on the monday. Married on the tuesday. Remained in the Philippines for a further 10 days.
    same for my hubby ... travelled here in the Philippines exchanged CNI in the Embassy ... get the marriage license and get married ... my husband stayed here for nearly 3months ..

Thread Information