Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Thank you Stuart.
    I will be most interested to learn from you.

My wife has a BDO account but haven't tried to remit bank to bank.
    I always do a cash pick at BDO.....well unless they are 'off-line'.....then I can try Palawan Express ...
    your welcome, i will give an update as soon as i hear from them

Thank you jonnijon, that's great info
    I have a BPI account account already but not used for around 2 years
    I will make a visit and check out
    Thanks again friend
    Never had a problem, state pension and two small private pensions all there every month. The state pension DWP send through Citibank, and they follow American bank holidays, so sometimes there is a slight delay. My payday is a Friday so the last American holiday was independence day, that was a Thursday so my pension did not appear in my account until the following Monday night.

Thanks jonnijon.

Pension update,
    well at long last i have today received an email from DWP simply saying
    ( I can confirm that your state pension has now been awarded and a letter has been issued to you ) so now i am to await the next step , is it as much or more than the forcast i have, will i get that letter before being paid, and will it arrive in BDO without any problems, well at the moment that's as exciting as it gets for now

Here's hoping it all goes well for you.
    Mine went though with DWP without any hitches despite me getting a bit stressed with it all......

Here's hoping it all goes well for you.
    Mine went though with DWP without any hitches despite me getting a bit stressed with it all......
    very good, so your all sorted with it going in the bank of your choice

Trusted Member
    Good luck Stewart.

I'm still nervous about having mine paid into (my wife's) BDO account, after the fiasco last time... where BDO returned the payment to DWP.

Thanks graham

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    very good, so your all sorted with it going in the bank of your choice
    My pensions all get paid into my UK Bank.
    Since reading the experiences of folks on the forum I have become more interested in having payments made directly into a Philippines Bank.....would be so much less complicated for my wife.

My pensions all get paid into my UK Bank.
    Since reading the experiences of folks on the forum I have become more interested in having payments made directly into a Philippines Bank.....would be so much less complicated for my wife.
    its seems much more convenient to have it sent directly to a a Philippine Bank and that's my reason for doing so.

but just now im wondering about this letter the have posted DWP , if it was registered or courier they would have given me a tracking number, if its normal post how long will it be before i get it and if they are returning my documents with this, i think DWP concern me more than the Philippine banks

its seems much more convenient to have it sent directly to a a Philippine Bank and that's my reason for doing so.

but just now im wondering about this letter the have posted DWP , if it was registered or courier they would have given me a tracking number, if its normal post how long will it be before i get it and if they are returning my documents with this, i think DWP concern me more than the Philippine banks
    It is usually about 3 to 4 to 5 weeks for me regular mail. On the back of your envelope you will see it is stamped when it arrived in the Philippines, then stamped with the distribution depot then your local post office. Just looked at an envelope I receved from the UK stamped June 13, June 27, 02 July The letter inside was dated MAY Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    It is usually about 3 to 4 to 5 weeks for me regular mail. On the back of your envelope you will see it is stamped when it arrived in the Philippines, then stamped with the distribution depot then your local post office. Just looked at an envelope I receved from the UK stamped June 13, June 27, 02 July The letter inside was dated MAY Good luck.
    well hopefully they will pay into bank before i get the letter, unless theres something in the letter i need before they do

update, while waiting for this letter, i neglected checking my bank balance, well today i walked past the BDO ATM and thought i will just check , so i did and i read the balance and printed a statement, and thought the bank had done me i read there was less than the balance i had deposited required to open the account, well i get home and go to online banking to see where my money had gone, then i realised i missed out a digit so where i thought i had less money i had heaps more, there were 2 payments from DWP one last week a large amount then another paid in yesterday of a smaller amount, so one very Happy chappie here

update, while waiting for this letter, i neglected checking my bank balance, well today i walked past the BDO ATM and thought i will just check , so i did and i read the balance and printed a statement, and thought the bank had done me i read there was less than the balance i had deposited required to open the account, well i get home and go to online banking to see where my money had gone, then i realised i missed out a digit so where i thought i had less money i had heaps more, there were 2 payments from DWP one last week a large amount then another paid in yesterday of a smaller amount, so one very Happy chappie here
    So you mean that the DWP paid your pension directly into BDO bank and all worked out perfectly????
    Great....I am now putting on my think cap.
    So what information does DWP need to make that transaction ??

So you mean that the DWP paid your pension directly into BDO bank and all worked out perfectly????
    Great....I am now putting on my think cap.
    So what information does DWP need to make that transaction ??
    yep its there in my BDO account,paid Directly from DWP paid in as peso, DWP do the exchange rate at what they say is a preferable rate and no transfer charges. only thing im still waiting on the letter from DWP which i guess will hold the details of how much per month sterling, and which day of each month ect,

i don't know about them returning my marraige and birth certificate and other original documents as yet,

For transaction DWP will only need the bank details as you know PH doesn't have the IBAN, other than that ---Account holders name/ Bank Branch name and address/account number/account type(savings or checking account or other ) / Bank Branch Code/and Bic number.

you could check online Gov about overseas pensions and you could read the pension application form or even download so you can see the requirements for bank details on that form

Trusted Member
    I gave DWP all of those (correct) BDO account details OVER THE PHONE (My wife's account)...and the stupid bank still returned the payment to DWP.

Left me without my pension for a few weeks.

I hardly dare try again, though it would suit me much better to have it paid that way.

So, good luck with it Terpe.

BPI all the time.

Trusted Member
    I'll ask the Mrs to find out about an account with BPI also then.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I gave DWP all of those (correct) BDO account details OVER THE PHONE (My wife's account)...and the stupid bank still returned the payment to DWP.

Left me without my pension for a few weeks.

I hardly dare try again, though it would suit me much better to have it paid that way.

So, good luck with it Terpe.
    i was thinking about this, did BDO say why they returned it, is it possible DWP put forward only your name to the account and didn't give your wifes name, that would be the only reason i can see that it could be returned for, if the name doesn't match the account

that's my second payment paid into my BDO account, no problems and n time, though i still haven't received my letter from DWP, i find i need it to prove im in receipt of pension for Phil health, though i don't now why phil health need it before the let me avail

that's my second payment paid into my BDO account, no problems and n time, though i still haven't received my letter from DWP, i find i need it to prove im in receipt of pension for Phil health, though i don't now why phil health need it before the let me avail
    I think you need proof because the law changed, you now have to have philhealth in your own name at I think 1,700 pesos per month I am still a dependent on my wifes philhealth as I was registered before the law changed.

I think you need proof because the law changed, you now have to have philhealth in your own name at I think 1,700 pesos per month I am still a dependent on my wifes philhealth as I was registered before the law changed.
    yes thanks Johnnijon, i went to see them i am up to date with the new rules, unfortunatly when we went to ireland we let my wifes expire had we kept it going was on her phealth and could have stayed on the old rules,

but what it is now i cant understand why they need proof of receiving pension, it serves no purpose as i will still be paying the same either way plus there will be nothing owing to them on joining as i pay the full year and can add my wife on for free, financialy its not connected to taking out p health , i would have thought all they would need is passport, birth certificate as proof im a pensioner, and marraige certificate for the wife as a dependent

Trusted Member
    It's the land of no logic, as you will probably know by now.

It's the land of no logic, as you will probably know by now.
    true true

Something else I thought of is you can now get senior citizen discount card. I have not bothered myself as the wife has just got hers.

Something else I thought of is you can now get senior citizen discount card. I have not bothered myself as the wife has just got hers.
    great thanks for that

iv just found a link tells me some details how to apply, will be very helpful for my meds which cost me about 20.000 every 3 months including my daily meds,

seems i have a couple of other things to apply for first before i can apply for the card like - ID card issued by the Office of the Senior Citizens Affairs in the place where they reside

and A Philippine Retirement Authority identification card;

https://ofwmoney.org/senior-citizen/

Imagine..
    Be very careful before applying to the PRA for a senior citizen ID card here..
    Make no mistake about it..As a foreigner you are not entitled to one!

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Imagine..
    Be very careful before applying to the PRA for a senior citizen ID card here..
    Make no mistake about it..As a foreigner you are not entitled to one!
    Agree !

The clue is in the word CITIZEN.

We are NOT Filipino citizens !

It's surprising the number of other expats (not meaning you Stewart) who can't seem to grasp this.

Agree !

The clue is in the word CITIZEN.

We are NOT Filipino citizens !

It's surprising the number of other expats (not meaning you Stewart) who can't seem to grasp this.
    but did you check out the link..... and the part that follows Guide to Foreigner to get a Senior Citizen Card in the Philippines, it goes on to say ,, As of 2018, foreigner senior citizens can enjoy the same perks and privileges as that of Filipino senior citizens,this is just one of the links i found about this subject since, reading Johnnijon's reply,

I am now adding as an edit to the above. I have just done further research, a bill was made in 2018 ,to include forigners because of their contribution to philippines but there is nothing to say it was passed as law , more research shows that the bill states that a senior citizen either pinoy or forigner to avail of a discount card must have no more than 60K in income per year, which means a foringer age 60 or above would have to be destitute and if thats the case they shouldnt be in philippines. so there it is
    Last edited by imagine; 19th November 2019 at 12:01. Reason: ,

but did you check out the link..... and the part that follows Guide to Foreigner to get a Senior Citizen Card in the Philippines, it goes on to say ,, As of 2018, foreigner senior citizens can enjoy the same perks and privileges as that of Filipino senior citizens,this is just one of the links i found about this subject since, reading Johnnijon's reply,

I am now adding as an edit to the above. I have just done further research, a bill was made in 2018 ,to include forigners because of their contribution to philippines but there is nothing to say it was passed as law , more research shows that the bill states that a senior citizen either pinoy or forigner to avail of a discount card must have no more than 60K in income per year, which means a foringer age 60 or above would have to be destitute and if thats the case they shouldnt be in philippines. so there it is
    Correct!!
    The bill was passed by the house but not yet the Senate or then signed into law by the President.
    Given some of the confusing press releases in the past,you can be forgiven for thinking that we can now have these ID cards.
    It`s a serious problem as acquiring one is possible but using one is potentially a deport-able offence.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information