Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Philippines Postal system, a surprise!

I had returned today a Christmas card I sent someone in the Philippines who helped me when my ex wife disappeared I sent the card at Christmas 2010.

The shame is it was a hand made card that I had spent some time making, not just bought at a shop.

So it has been in the post for 2 and a half years, I was surprised the Philippine postal service sent it back.

It had several Philippine postal extra dates stamps on it including, Dec 14 2010, Feb 2011 and Sept 2011. then marked to return to sender.

It said the letter was unclaimed or the wrong address?

A mystery that may never be solved, I have emailed her to see if she since moved!
    But after this time her email could be different too.

Mick.
    Last edited by mickcant; 26th May 2012 at 10:07. Reason: addition of words

well it's good it was returned to you Mick after all these years,all of my husband's letter as well as mine were all lost that's why we never bothered sending each other mails..no idea what happened to ours

my misses sent me an important letter, i waited and waited for it, 3 months later my misses got it back , the Post office had written on it unknown address - return to sender, the lazy at the post office could have checked the post code, my misses put a 1 instead of a 7 as part of the 3 digit house number, but the rest of the address was right and i'm one of only 2 people in the country with the same surname
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by Leen View Post
    well it's good it was returned to you Mick after all these years,all of my husband's letter as well as mine were all lost that's why we never bothered sending each other mails..no idea what happened to ours
    Yes as it was in a white envelope, I thought they might have opened it looking for money
    And after finding none, threw it away, so it was good in that sence!
    Mick.

the amount of letter and small parcels i have sent to my girlfriend and they have never appeared is ridiculous! we don't use letters now unless we have to! but its a shame as i prefer them

Quote Originally Posted by benjy View Post
    but its a shame as i prefer them
    best form of evidence to show your relationship is genuine, especially if you've kept the envelope, electronic forms of evidence can easily be faked or changed but not so easily with snail mail
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    best form of evidence to show your relationship is genuine, especially if you've kept the envelope, electronic forms of evidence can easily be faked or changed but not so easily with snail mail

and it's nice to read it over and over again

Quote Originally Posted by mickcant View Post
    I thought they might have opened it looking for money
    And after finding none, threw it away, so it was good in that sence!
    Mick.
    INDEED! We thought of that too! My sister sent her letter of support this January 2012 and till I lodged my application this April 19 the letter never appeared at all even up to this moment! Not to say the cards and parcels my fiancé sent to me too. So like Leen, since then we never bothered sending each other mails and parcels

Quote Originally Posted by mickcant View Post
    I had returned today a Christmas card I sent someone in the Philippines who helped me when my ex wife disappeared I sent the card at Christmas 2010.

The shame is it was a hand made card that I had spent some time making, not just bought at a shop.

So it has been in the post for 2 and a half years, I was surprised the Philippine postal service sent it back.

It had several Philippine postal extra dates stamps on it including, Dec 14 2010, Feb 2011 and Sept 2011. then marked to return to sender.

It said the letter was unclaimed or the wrong address?

A mystery that may never be solved, I have emailed her to see if she since moved!
    But after this time her email could be different too.

Mick.
    You often hear about these things happening but it's never happened to me.

What a interesting story Mick, especially from Philippines Post. (no offence to Phils post )

I sent a card to Angeles last week, be interesting to see if / when / how it arrives!

Its strange...I have always received all of my mail.. Dont forget..If its not delivered(postman couldn't locate address or no answer) then its usually still in the local post office... The reciever pays about 50 PHP customs duty..Thats why they wont just stick the mail in the letter box..(unless local mail)

Pretty much all the mail we send to the house in Marikina also gets delivered without any issues.
    Maybe just one or two items missing in more than 10 years.

Respected Member
    I normally send Birthday cards and christmas cards to my family in Mindanao and they normally got it like 3 weeks after but when me and my husband live in Cebu my mother in law send as birthday card and christmas card normally arrived but it took 3months or so or need to pick it up in the post office but sometimes no one there. :-(

Banned
    From what my wife says, many Filipino homes don't have any form of mail box or letter box. Hers didnt. I saw that for myself. So it seems that if you aren't in then the posties don't deliver or leave a message. This cant help with speed or reliability of delivery.

She says that some have mailboxes. And seemingly some have guards that deliver the mail to the door.

Respected Member
    I received a letter yesterday posted in Lancashire on 21 March, stamped on arrival on 8 May but took Philpost 3 weeks to get it the last few kms
    Probably because I was away last December when the postman called to wish me a merry xmas
    I had a new wider post box made and attached to my gate,shouldn't have bothered as the mail always gets folded and wedged in the gate come rain or shine!
    I have given up on our overseas voter registration. The voting form usually arrives a week after the election and the annual registration forms have been lost twice

Thread Information