Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Yes I understand what you're telling me, but I have asked around also and what my family friend said was to register our marriage here or let the the UK government know that I am married. So that we would have no questions asked if our marriage/relationship is genuine or not. I want to make sure that my husband can come here with the proper documents.

The validity in UK law of a marriage or civil partnership contracted in a foreign country is in no way affected by its having been, or not having been, recorded in the UK.
    Source

Hi Rayna, this is a very helpful thread. I would like to ask though. Can I do this in person, if I will go to London and submit the papers myself, would that be possible? And would that be faster?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baruk View Post
    Hi Rayna, this is a very helpful thread. i would like to ask though. Can i do this in person, if i will go to London and submit the papers myself, would that be possible? and would that be faster?
    Yes, you can go to Philippine Embassy in London if you want, especially if you only live near. Although I don't think the process will be faster because they won't give your copy the same day. You will still have to wait probably a few days or so to get your copy (either by opting to mail it to you or collect it yourself when it's ready).
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    As Rayna suggests, don't waste time travelling to the Embassy!

Thanks Rayna and Michael. I will have to go with mails then, as I live in Manchester. Just thought it will be faster to fly there and submit it. Cheers x

Are there any guidelines in how to fill out the Report of Marriage form? I'm just wondering what to write on Foreign Service post.

http://philembassy-uk.org/wp-content...ctive-form.pdf

Sorry I have to ask where can we get the prepaid envelope?

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2014 View Post
    Sorry I have to ask where can we get the prepaid envelope?
    A pre-paid envelope is simple; an envelope you buy, on which you write your name and address, and a stamp you've purchased to the value of the documents you'll be receiving.

Simples!

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    A pre-paid envelope is simple an envelope you buy, on which you write your name and address , and a stamp you've purchased to the value of the documents you'll be receiving.
    Simples
    I realized it was such a question. Am not used to it (sending mail by post) to be honest. Thanks for the quick reply Sir Terpe.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2014 View Post
    I realized it was such a question. Am not used to it (sending mail by post) to be honest. Thanks for the quick reply Sir Terpe.
    Don't worry, I made such a fool of myself at the post office yesterday.
    I put the 'TO' address on the front and no 'FROM' address.
    They made me write it all out again and cross out what I'd written already, turn the envelope over and rewrite the 'FROM' address at the top and the 'TO' address at the bottom.
    Lots of people queue up behind me.
    Then I want it registered
    Then I want to buy special edition stamps of the Pope

So many people behind me getting frustrated.

It's more fun in the Philippines

Don't worry, I made such a fool of myself at the post office yesterday.
    I put the 'TO' address on the front and no 'FROM' address.
    They made me write it all out again and cross out what I'd written already, turn the envelope over and rewrite the 'FROM' address at the top and the 'TO' address at the bottom.
    Lots of people queue up behind me.
    Then I want it registered
    Then I want to buy special edition stamps of the Pope

So many people behind me getting frustrated.

It's more fun in the Philippines
    Oh dear.. I can imagine how the faces of the people behind you looked like!

Good thing about the postal ID though. Never have one, tried fill out the form and got discouraged about not being accepted to majority of the government agencies (7 years ago). Was told that I have to pay about 600php! That person is no longer reliable then...

Will it really take 6 months to get a copy of a Report of Marriage here in the Philippines after filing it at the Philippines Embassy in London? Since I'm back here in the Philippines, and my husband was the one who filed our marriage at the Philippine Embassy in London, can I just use his copy of Report of Marriage, have it sent to me here in the Philippines, get it authenticated at NSO and use it as a requirement for my Spouse Visa application here in the Philippines?

Quote Originally Posted by Aikajamie View Post
    Will it really take 6 months to get a copy of a Report of Marriage here in the Philippines after filing it at the Philippines Embassy in London? Since I'm back here in the Philippines, and my husband was the one who filed our marriage at the Philippine Embassy in London, can I just use his copy of Report of Marriage, have it sent to me here in the Philippines, get it authenticated at NSO and use it as a requirement for my Spouse Visa application here in the Philippines?
    It would interesting to know if you could contact the National Statistics Office and collect your marriage certificate there instead. I take it when one reported their marriage in the Philippine Embassy-London, along with the self-addressed envelope, the marriage certificate will be sent to the address placed in the said envelope. I've just read through the PH Embassy site that it would take a month or two for the delivery of our NSO-authenticated marriage certificate.

My husband and I reported our marriage through the Consular Outreach Mission in Gloucester 2 weeks ago. We used a special delivery envelope so that we can track it.. I hope it will arrive soon.

Ours was done years ago we only received notification that our UK marriage had been registered at NSO and we received the ref number.
    At no time did we receive an NSO authenticated marriage certificate. Just a number from the registry.

Maybe things have changed now, however I'd find it odd that NSO would authenticate, certify or legalised a UK issued marriage certificate.
    As always I stand to be corrected, our was some years ago.

hi..are you certain that it will take 6 months to receive the marriage certificate from NSO? as i will need it for my spouse visa application here in the Philippines:-(

Quote Originally Posted by Aikajamie View Post
    hi..are you certain that it will take 6 months to receive the marriage certificate from NSO? as i will need it for my spouse visa application here in the Philippines:-(
    Why not apply online for your NSO marriage certificate ?

Look at this link:-

https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Default.aspx

We've used the service a number of times now and it's always been first class, fast and cheap.

A Report of Marriage does not involve any copy of an NSO certificate.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Why not apply online for your NSO marriage certificate ?

Look at this link:-

https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Default.aspx

We've used the service a number of times now and it's always been first class, fast and cheap.

A Report of Marriage does not involve any copy of an NSO certificate.
    I believe, Terpe, a copy of the marriage cert and report of marriage that has been submitted to Philippine Embassy in London will be sent to NSO in the Philippines so that they will have a copy (that's why they are requesting 4 copies of everything during the process). So if a marriage cert is requested from NSO, they will just print that in NSO paper (I'm just not sure if it's just the Report of Marriage or the actual marriage cert coz I haven't requested any yet from NSO).
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

I won't know if NSO will give us another certificate or just a reference number that our marriage has already been registered in the Philippines. I tried to track our parcel but it's still unavailable. It would be running 2 months on the 28th April. The Phil. Embassy website says to wait for 1-2 months so I will be bugging them after th 28th if I still don't hear from them.

I can only repeat the information based on my own experience and that of many friends.
    It's only a confirmation that the marriage has been reported and registered with NSO
    They will provide the reference number under which it has been registered.

NSO cannot issue a marriage certificate against a foreign ceremony.

Unless the rules have recently changed that's how it remains.

I can only repeat the information based on my own experience and that of many friends.
    It's only a confirmation that the marriage has been reported and registered with NSO
    They will provide the reference number under which it has been registered.

NSO cannot issue a marriage certificate against a foreign ceremony.

Unless the rules have recently changed that's how it remains.
    It was really unclear when we submitted our Report of Marriage. They require us to provide a self-addressed special envelope. What we are expecting is for them to return our original marriage certificate (to which they promised to return as soon we have the confirmation of the report). We provide 4 copies but the officer wasn't satisfied (because the ref # wasn't clear enough) and took the original instead. We didn't mind coz we still have 3 more original copies at hand.

When you report your marriage at a Philippine Embassy, a copy of your application and marriage certificate will be sent to the NSO via the Department of Foreign Affairs. You can apply for your official NSO Cerificate of Marriage approximately 3-4 months after filing the report.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabawenyo View Post
    When you report your marriage at a Philippine Embassy, a copy of your application and marriage certificate will be sent to the NSO via the Department of Foreign Affairs. You can apply for your official NSO Cerificate of Marriage approximately 3-4 months after filing the report.
    I'm not so sure if I'm really getting it. I take it after submitting the report, we have to apply for the certificate? What's the use of making us wait for 1-2 months (posted in their website)? I don't see any information about the 3-4 month time frame.

Respected Member
    Hi Everyone
    I got married 18 months ago here in UK and reported our marriage at PhiL. Embassy London after two weeks of getting married.I asked my mum in the Philippines to go and get our report of marriage from NSO just three weeks after reporting it here. Luckily, with no problems I got ours quite quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by jhen1230 View Post
    Hi Everyone
    I got married 18 months ago here in UK and reported our marriage at PhiL. Embassy London after two weeks of getting married.I asked my mum in the Philippines to go and get our report of marriage from NSO just three weeks after reporting it here. Luckily, with no problems I got ours quite quickly.
    Hello jhen1230.
    I just want to make things clear. We weren't informed about getting our report of marriage in the Philippines. We provided a self-addressed envelope for them to return our documents here in Gloucester. It's now over 2 months since we submitted our papers and haven't heard anything from them. I sent an e-mail yesterday and tried to access their website today. Unfortunately, their site is unavailable at the moment. I hope they update it already to avoid misleading people.

Hi Everyone
    That was very quick indeed. Well done
    Just out of interest what did NSO provide ?
    I'm curious about the NSO authentication process

Respected Member
    In my case, they did returned my documents just two days after I submitted it.What I have received back is one of the report of marriage forms with the Philippine Embassy stamp.
    To be honest, Two of my daughters were born overseas and I always report their births to Philippine Embassy and that is how I found out that any reports of marriage and births,you can get it in NSO main office just three weeks after I have reported it.As I am living abroad it was easy for me to ask one of my family members to make a trip at the NSO main office and just check if the report certificate is already there.Luckily,they never wasted the trip,they get the docs the same day.

Respected Member
    That was very quick indeed. Well done
    Just out of interest what did NSO provide ?
    I'm curious about the NSO authentication process
    Hi Terpe
    The document is the exact copy of the Report of Marriage form that I have filled in at the Philippine Embassy but on a NSO paper.At the bottom it has the name and signature of the Administrator and Civil Registrar General of NSO. It also says Best Possible Image.

Hi Terpe
    The document is the exact copy of the Report of Marriage form that I have filled in at the Philippine Embassy but on a NSO paper.At the bottom it has the name and signature of the Administrator and Civil Registrar General of NSO. It also says Best Possible Image.
    That's just what I expected Jhen, thanks for confirming it.

Hello everyone. Just want to let you know that our documents for the Report of Marriage just arrived today. It was 2 months and a week since we filed it. There is no NSO paper. Just the copy of the report of marriage form with the stamp of the Ph Embassy logo, Consul's signature, registry numbers at the bottom of the page. Our original marriage certificate was also returned.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information