Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Just HOW Crazy Is This?

... Wtf is coming to, when the law of the land precludes a heterosexual couple the right to a civil partnership ... yet permits those of the same gender the privilege of entering into such an arrangement?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39039146 ... + watch accompanying video.

Why don't they just get married....

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    Exactly,or just live together like hundreds of thousands of other couples,whats the big deal about a civil partnership?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

I agree with you.
    But they have a right to do what they are wanting and i bet any " lawyers for you ". Will tell them that too.
    What ever happened to that bloke who wanted to marry a cow ( a four legged version ),
    He will be up next saying it's his rights too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Exactly,or just live together like hundreds of thousands of other couples,whats the big deal about a civil partnership?
    Whilst ... either of those choices seems the logical solution, one ... ... or even BOTH of them could be weighing~up his/her/ /their options - regarding the legal implications arising from say, property disputes, &c. - should they later decide to split.

would be my guess, anyway.

Could this be there 5 minutes of fame everyone will have in there life time.
    More important things are happening around us I say.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Could this be there 5 minutes of fame everyone will have in there life time.
    More important things are happening around us I say.
    Yup andy warhol was right.,everyone wants to be a star nowadays,they will probably launch a reality TV show or a facebook campaign off the back of this.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Whilst ... either of those choices seems the logical solution, one ... ... or even BOTH of them could be weighing~up his/her/ their options - regarding the legal implications arising from say, property disputes, &c. - should they later decide to split.

would be my guess, anyway.
    You don't have to be married or living in a civil relationship or any other way of putting it.
    If you are a couple and problems arise you are done for and it is in my experience the bloke get clobbered,

If you are a couple and problems arise you are done for and it is in my experience the bloke get clobbered,
    Seen it happen to a few blokes on this forum over the years.

Seen it happen to *a few blokes on this forum over the years.
    Yes, but *they've ALL had to've [eventually] been married ... by virtue of the Terms & Conditions of their respective visas.

Notwithstanding,i have still seen guys taken to the cleaners or been dumped by their wives for other guys,i thought you can bring your partner to the UK nowadays without being married if you can prove your relationship is genuine so therefore you dont have to marry?

Indeed, you either sink or swim to that new shore and try pastures new.
    But some are gluttons for punishment.

Yes, but *they've ALL had to've [eventually] been married ... by virtue of the Terms & Conditions of their respective visas.
    What about common law wives?

Notwithstanding,i have still seen guys taken to the cleaners or been dumped by their wives for other guys,i thought you can bring your partner to the UK nowadays without being married if you can prove your relationship is genuine so therefore you dont have to marry?
    Works both ways sometimes the gent gets bored and wants a new model to look after him and be another slave.

Indeed, you either sink or swim to that new shore and try pastures new.
    But some are gluttons for punishment.
    I remember gwaps........I actually felt sorry for him till the whole story emerged.

What about common law wives?
    I thought that was changing, a new law coming in to say they are entitled to all , well more then half which is still the same.

I remember gwaps........I actually felt sorry for him till the whole story emerged.
    This is the problem , the person who gets in first with there story they seem to have everyone's sympathy.
    Then the other side tries to put there side in but the stories out.
    There is always two sides to everything and the only people who knows the truth is the two people involved.
    Been there done that got the tee shirt

I thought that was changing, a new law coming in to say they are entitled to all , well more then half which is still the same.
    No,i am on about do they need to marry eventually if they are coming in from abroad?Polygamy is practiced by muzzies in this country,how do they circumvent it,their multiple marriages arent legal in the eyes of the UK law.And cant a guy with a common law wife in pinas bring her here if they are in a long term stable relationship and he can prove he has ample capital and income.

My life is very good and we both enjoy each others company too, we laugh ,we cry and we will do anything we can for each other.
    Hopefully our lives will be together for ever, but it's not a guarantee, hard work and excepting who we both are has to happen to make it work too.

Gwaps? ... 'fraid I cannot comment!

... besides, NONE of us here can claim to being privy to his and Jane's
    relationship.
    Hieroglyphics?

... NOT quite ! But, due to the extremely rapid reply of yours coinciding with me fiddling around, amending - and finally deleting - at least some of these so~called "hieroglyphics", my post, in its 'QUOTED' form [here] is all I have left of the original now, I'm afraid.

Arthur, why don't you post in normal fonts?, it would make it much easier to read and I would have thought so much easier for you to type...

Arthur, why don't you post in normal fonts?, it would make it much easier to read and I would have thought so much easier for you to type...
    I tried to read it and the very first thing i thought is i saw something similar on a piece of papyrus in a cairo museum

I recon its some form of secret Scottish code....

I recon its some form of secret Scottish code....
    Its vanished as if it never even existed,so maybe a figment of our imaginations

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    ... Wtf is coming to, when the law of the land precludes a heterosexual couple the right to a civil partnership ... yet permits those of the same gender the privilege of entering into such an arrangement?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39039146 ... + watch accompanying video.

A very interesting find Arthur, well done

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    A very interesting find Arthur, well done
    Thank you, Michael ... it's certainly attracting plenty feedback.

Why don't they just get on with their life instead of living it in everyone else's....

Why don't they just get on with their life instead of living it in everyone else's....
    They cant, some people have to be upfront and look at us, pity us and want t be different,
    Try to ignore them but i am sure they will be in our faces for a good few weeks well until something else comes along to take over the news.

Its vanished as if it never even existed,so maybe a figment of our imaginations
    Oh it did exist - still does - albeit in a "QUOTE" format, #20, which explains how the original vanished.

I screenshot it,i know it existed,i have a copy,it looks like some form of star chart or ancient mayan graffitti

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information