Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Woman deported despite being married to briton for 27years

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...cks-compassion

I've just read the article and I can't find the reason for deportation. She is on ILR visa and they said she was out of the country for a long time looking after her ill family member. She didn't bother to apply for british citizenship maybe because she thinks that she came here in the late 80's. There must be a reason behind, but who knows

She stayed out of the UK for more than 2 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    She stayed out of the UK for more than 2 years...
    I think this lady because she was granted auntomatically ILR and not bothered to apply for british citizenship. She never read anything about the latest immigration news as she thinks no one can kick her out of the country because she was here for 27years. She didn't know that there is a certain period of staying out of UK. They are doing a fundraising to fight for their case in the immigration.

You soon learn there is a right way and a wrong way of doing things plus it all will cost you money, the funny thing is, becoming a British citizen was the easiest part of our journey .

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Yes everyone says lets deport illegals but not this particular one because ………………………..

The Government/ Immigration Service are never right !!! always deporting the ‘wrong ones’…

PS Of course the law is the law named should be enforced. If enough people think a law is wrong they should hassle their MP and get it changed.

Im sorry but i have no sympathy for this Lady, she is the one that has "not" followed the relevant Immigration rules, she just needs to re-apply for the relevant Visa, and if she meets all the criteria, she will receive her visa..

P.s, I cant get my partner here because of the £18,600 income rule, can i start up a Crowd funding, to help us fight that ?. Just joking

About 6 years ago I knew of this really old fella (Brit) that moved his Filipino wife and son to Bohol right out in the back woods.. They had lived in the UK as a married couple for a good few years..I could tell as her accent was almost South east,English..
    I don`t think she wanted to leave the UK but spent 3 years looking after the frail old fella on his measly pension..Most of his money went on sending the boy to Private education..(Thats how I met him whilst picking up the kids)..
    Things went from bad to worse and she managed to raise enough cash for 3 single tickets back to the UK..Her passport had expired so she got a new one and went to the Brit embassy to transfer her ILR stamp to it..
    No chance!! She had overstayed..
    The old man (he was probably in his 80`s) and the young boy returned to UK alone to go on the homeless list..
    Never found out if she managed to join them after an appeal..
    Hope so..If not,very sad.

Get that red passport its better then any golden ticket,

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Get that red passport its better then any golden ticket,
    Better still..Dark blue. Can I have that back after we leave the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Better still..Dark blue. Can I have that back after we leave the EU?
    I cannot remember that colour

I cannot remember that colour
    My last dark blue one expired in the mid 80's, so not that long ago.

I still have my dark blue one.
    It was one of 2 passports I had. I was able to keep it going for a period when I renewed the other to a maroon one as it still contained valid visa's
    I never did hand it back. It was completely full of stamps and memories.

I still have the same maroon one renewed at that time as that also contains so many stamps, visa's and memories.

I since had another one issues which expires this year. I really must get around to renewing that before it expires.
    Not looking forward to sending it back to UK in case something will go wrong.
    I need it back as it contains my Permanent Residence stamp and I often get ask for it by BI

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    Im sorry but i have no sympathy for this Lady, she is the one that has "not" followed the relevant Immigration rules, she just needs to re-apply for the relevant Visa, and if she meets all the criteria, she will receive her visa..

P.s, I cant get my partner here because of the £18,600 income rule, can i start up a Crowd funding, to help us fight that ?. Just joking
    So does that mean more trips over there Harry or even a move ?????

So does that mean more trips over there Harry or even a move ?????
    I think your second option is very highly likely Steve.

Not looking forward to sending it back to UK in case something will go wrong.
    I need it back as it contains my Permanent Residence stamp and I often get ask for it by BI
    Yes I agree.. If you think about it,our Government are probably forcing us to be here illegally for a period of time as we will be in country with no valid visa or passport.
    Gotta send mine next year...Only thing we can do is get lots of high resolution copies.. Also thank goodness for the ACR.I card!

Respected Member
    I feel for this lady, and it is mostly down to ignorance of the rules on their behalf. However, if you don't meet the financial income requirements isn't there a savings test instead? The lady in this case has two grown up sons. Why couldn't they deposit £20k each into Dad's bank account and then apply again? Once she's 'in' they get the money back.

Edited to add: £16k in his bank account for 6 months before applying. Surely they can manage that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    I feel for this lady, and it is mostly down to ignorance of the rules on their behalf. However, if you don't meet the financial income requirements isn't there a savings test instead? The lady in this case has two grown up sons. Why couldn't they deposit £20k each into Dad's bank account and then apply again? Once she's 'in' they get the money back.

Edited to add: £16k in his bank account for 6 months before applying. Surely they can manage that.
    Families, don't you just love them

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post

They'd likely need more than that.
    Relying on cash savings needs quite a considerable sum.

UKVI only count savings above £16k
    If there's no income to add to the savings they'd need £62.5K
    With £8800 eligible income still need £40.5K

That will still be needed pro-rata at each subsequent visa stage.

Not easy.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    They'd likely need more than that.
    Relying on cash savings needs quite a considerable sum.

UKVI only count savings above £16k
    If there's no income to add to the savings they'd need £62.5K
    With £8800 eligible income still need £40.5K

That will still be needed pro-rata at each subsequent visa stage.

Not easy.
    Crikey, I did not realise it was that much!

I 'm amazed they didn't play the human rights card, if a illegal immigrant can stay in the UK because of his pet cat...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...f-pet-cat.html

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    I 'm amazed they didn't play the human rights card, if a illegal immigrant can stay in the UK because of his pet cat...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...f-pet-cat.html
    I wonder what the lawyers got paid to defend these people .

Just move to Guernsey and work there.they don't have the same rules as UK.They also still do it under the old rules e.g. ILR after 2 years.Plenty jobs here and you get a minimum of a 5 year licence to work here.

Hi Harry. Unfortunately there are lots of people who uses this Crowd funding as this is the easiest way to get money may it be legitimate or not. My husband said she didn't think that this will happen to her because she has ILR visa and she didn't think that she will be deported despite living in UK for nore than 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by robbie bobby View Post
    Just move to Guernsey and work there.they don't have the same rules as UK.They also still do it under the old rules e.g. ILR after 2 years.Plenty jobs here and you get a minimum of a 5 year licence to work here.
    Thanks RB thats very interesting Info, i used to have contact with an old guy by the name of Cyril Lowe back in the Day when we raced pigeons, Cyril was the guy who always looked after the Birds when they arrived on Guernsey, up until the time they were released, I could always rely on Cyril to send over a few Boxes of Toms...

Thread Information