Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Thumbs up What to do if your Indefinite Leave to Remain biometric card has expired or nearing expiration

The video will answer this question. Hope this help.

Thanks And Good day.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    The renewal of BRP card would only cost £56 and not £237. The video is wrong.

Then you just have to fill up this document and provide the documents stated in the application form.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...form-09-17.pdf
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post

Then you just have to fill up this document and provide the documents stated in the application form.

Rayna, this person has only copied and pasted in every post so far. I have already made comment in the last similar post. If posting incorrect information, then this must be stopped.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Rayna, this person has only copied and pasted in every post so far. I have already made comment in the last similar post. If posting incorrect information, then this must be stopped.

I gave him/her a warning in his/her other thread. If he/she continues to post another of this thread or video, you are free to chuck off the profile.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post

Thank you for confirming that the Application for a Replacement Biometric
    Residence Permit (BRP) £56.

The Video is talking about: " Application For No Time Limit (NTL) And A Biometric Immigration Document " and still it is £237.
    updated on NTL Application Form (Version 04/2017) - Page 2 of 21.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...-v12.0-EXT.pdf

1. For which applications must you use form NTL?

Form NTL must be used if you already have indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK as
    confirmed in a passport or other document issued to you, and
    • you now want that status confirmed on a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP), or
    • you have changed your name, nationality, or your gender, or
    • your document does not show your correct date of birth.
    Indefinite leave to enter or remain means that there is no time limit on your permitted stay in the
    UK. You and any dependants applying with you must be in the UK to apply. If you have
    permission to stay in the UK but only for a limited period and want that confirmed on a BRP, you
    must use form TOC.

NTL GUIDANCE NOTES link:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...otes_11-16.pdf

Purpose of no time limit application

This page explains the reasons why a person may apply for a no time limit (NTL)
    biometric residence permit (BRP).
    NTL is an administrative process by which a person with indefinite leave to enter
    (ILE) or indefinite leave to remain (ILR) can apply for confirmation of this status on a
    BRP. A person who has ILE or ILR is free of immigration time restrictions and
    considered to be ‘settled’ in the UK (if ordinarily resident).
    A person may apply for NTL where:
    • their passport containing an ILE, ILR or NTL endorsement has been lost, stolen
    or has expired
    • they have settled status in the UK but they do not have any documentary
    evidence confirming this (for example because they were deemed settled in the
    UK on 1 January 1973 in line with section 1(2) of the Immigration Act 1971)
    • they have legitimately changed their identity since being granted indefinite
    leave and want this confirmed on a BRP
    It is not mandatory for a person to apply for an NTL BRP but there are benefits to
    doing so, for example, an NTL BRP:
    • has enhanced security features which cannot be found on an old style vignette
    (sticker) which means there is less chance of it being used fraudulently by
    another person
    • is evidence that a person has the right to stay permanently in the UK and has a
    right to work and access certain benefits
    • will facilitate travel to and from the UK
    Applications for NTL

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...-v12.0-EXT.pdf

Please, do not say that the video is wrong. Your viewers may be confused if we go on like this.

I just want to help others but not like this as if im misleading your viewers and members. Im the giving free information that will save them money for consultation.

If possible please inform me when when you " chucking me off " so that I can take my bag and go away.

Thanks and Good day.

My wife and stepdaughter HAD BRP's which probably expired years ago, BUT they already have ILR and British citizenship. I am assuming that as they have Dual citizenship they have no need of a BRP?

As a British citizen I don't have to carry ANY identity card and as far as I know this applies to ANY British Citizen, whenever it was obtained.

Just to make things clear, I am assuming this thread applies only to those who do NOT have British citizenship.

Hiya Lordna, good to see you

, I wonder if anyone has ever been fined , well it says up to, might be time to

You probably forgot that you've already sent them back

7. After your citizenship ceremony

Once you’ve got your certificate of British Citizenship, send your biometric residence permit back to the Home Office.

You must send your permit back within 5 working days of either:

going to your citizenship ceremony
    getting your certificate of British citizenship

Cut your biometric residence permit (BRP) into 4 pieces and put it in a windowless envelope. Include a note saying you’re returning your permit because you’ve become a citizen. The note needs to include your name, date of birth and the document number (located on the front of the card).

Naturalisation BRP Returns
    PO Box 195
    Bristol
    BS20 1BT

You’ll be fined up to £1,000 if you don’t return your permit within 5 working days.
    https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-britis...nship-ceremony
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Oops ... I must have returned them. I didn't send them recorded so just wondering if they got lost in the post!

Thread Information