Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

How long can my baby live/stay in the Philippines?

Hi guys. Good day. Just want to ask anyone or inquire regarding on how long can my British baby stay or live here in the Philippines. He and his mother were staying here since Sept 2013 up to now. My baby is a naturally born British, his mother is a holder of dual citizenship (fil-brit).

Can anyone give us some information or links where we can read or inquire?

Thanks everyone and hoping for your kind assistance please.

God bless

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Is your baby a dual citizen too? If not, then the max is just one year I think. If your baby has a Philippine passport, he/she doesn't have any restriction. Didn't your wife register his/her birth in the Philippine Embassy?

Others will correct me with this if I'm wrong.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

If the child's mother is a Filipino then so is the child!!

Who are natural-born citizens of the Philippines?

Natural-born citizens of the Philippines are those who are citizens of the Philippines from birth without having to perform any act to acquire or perfect their Philippine citizenship. These are:

• Those whose fathers or mothers are citizens of the Philippines at the time of their birth; and
    • Those born before January 17, 1973, of Filipino mothers, who elect Philippine citizenship upon reaching the age of majority.

What is the citizenship status of one's children after re-acquiring Filipino citizenship?

If his/her are unmarried and below 18 years of age upon re-acquisition of Filipino citizenship, his/her children are also recognized as Filipino citizens under Philippine laws and are entitled to the rights and privileges attendant thereto.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?opti...ion&Itemid=833

Hi. My baby was born in London. He acquired his Brit Citizenshp in UK. He is not a holder of dual citizenship.

Thanks

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    If the childs mother is a Filipino then so is the child!!

Who are natural-born citizens of the Philippines?

Natural-born citizens of the Philippines are those who are citizens of the Philippines from birth without having to perform any act to acquire or perfect their Philippine citizenship. These are:

• Those whose fathers or mothers are citizens of the Philippines at the time of their birth; and
    • Those born before January 17, 1973, of Filipino mothers, who elect Philippine citizenship upon reaching the age of majority.

What is the citizenship status of one's children after re-acquiring Filipino citizenship?

If his/her are unmarried and below 18 years of age upon re-acquisition of Filipino citizenship, his/her children are also recognized as Filipino citizens under Philippine laws and are entitled to the rights and privileges attendant thereto.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?opti...ion&Itemid=833
    Thanks for correcting me Fred!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by iamherbie View Post
    Hi. My baby was born in London. He acquired his brit citizenshp in UK. He is not a holder of dual citizenship.

Thanks
    So what you're saying is he entered Philippines on a UK passport?

And you want to know how long he can stay under his UK passport entry conditions?

Just checking.

If he is entitled to a Philippine passport that would be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    So what you're saying is he entered Philippines on a UK passport?

And you want to know how long he can stay under his UK passport entry conditions?

Just checking.

If he is entitled to a Philippine passport that would be the way to go.
    Yes, he entered here last year using UK passport and I want to know if he can stay here more than a year.

Hi. My baby was born in London. He acquired his Brit Citizenshp in UK. He is not a holder of dual citizenship.

Thanks
    The important thing is that the child's mother is a Filipino. What you need to do now is to go to immigration and apply for a recognition as a Filipino citizen..

The staff in the immigration office will guide you through the process but the stuff I have pasted below will give you a guide to what you will need whilst there..

Hope this helps.

He/she may apply for recognition as a Filipino citizen with the Bureau of Immigration for him/her to stay indefinitely in the Philippines. Below are the requirements and procedures for such an application:
    Documentary Requirements in applying for Recognition as Filipino Citizen/Dual Citizenship:
    a) Duly notarized letter request from either father/mother or both parents, or from the legal guardian (if applicant is below 18 years old; or from the applicant (if she is already 18 years old and above upon filing), with attestation that either father/mother or both parents was/were a Philippine citizen/s at the applicant’s birth;

m) Signing by the Commissioner of the Identification Certificate;
    n) Releasing of the Identification Certificate; and
    o) Document archiving.
    Facts:
    Ø If the applicant leaves from the Philippine with a pending application for Recognition as Filipino Citizen, he/she must update visa status or apply for extension; if he stays in the Philippines from the time of filing for the application until its approval, fees for overstaying are waived.
    Ø When application for Recognition as Filipino Citizen is approved, an Identification Certificate is issued. The Identification Certificate can be used to apply for a Philippine passport.
    Ø A Dual Citizen, if leaving from the Philippines with a passport, has to pay also for the terminal fee.
    Place of filing of application for Recognition as Filipino Citizen:
    - Application can be filed at the Central Receiving Section in the Main Office of the Bureau of Immigration, Magallanes Drive, Intramuros, Manila.
    - Processing at the Board of Special Inquiry (BSI).
    - Applications filed at the sub ports shall be immediately forwarded to the Main Office of the Bureau for processing.
    - Authentication of documents is processed at the Consulate of the foreigner in the Philippines.
    Should you have other immigration-related queries, please do not hesitate to call the BI Helpdesk Hotline at (632) 524-3769.
    b) *Order of Recognition and Filipino Identification Certificate issued by the Bureau, if already issued;
    c) NSO birth certificate of the applicant, if born in the Philippines; or authenticated birth certificate or Report of Birth of the applicant from the Philippine embassy/consulate Official of the Philippine Foreign Service at the place of issuance or nearest to it; or authenticated birth certificate or certified true copy from their Embassies here in the Philippines, with English translation, if written in other foreign language, then to be properly authenticated at the Department of Foreign Affairs, Authentication Division;
    d) NSO birth certificate of either father/mother or both parents (who at the time of birth of applicant was a Philippine citizen); and Certificate of Naturalization, if at the time of the filing of the application he/she/they was/were a Philippine citizen;
    e) Duly Notarized Affidavit of Citizenship to be executed by the father/mother or both parents, stating at the time of birth of applicant, he/she/they was/were a Philippine citizen, if the application letter was executed by the applicant or legal guardian;
    f) Plain photocopy of the passport of the applicant and the parents;
    g) Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance certificate.
    * not a mandatory requirement
    Procedures:
    a) Receiving of application together with documentary requirements;
    b) Verification of travel and derogatory records, assessment of filing and other fees and generation Of Order of Payment Slip, assignment/raffle of application to hearing officer, generation of Notice of Hearing;
    c) Releasing of OPS and Notice of Hearing to applicant;
    d) Payment of collecting officer and issuance of Official Receipt;
    e) Conduct hearing, evaluation and preparation of Order of Cancellation and Transmittal Letter to DOJ by hearing officer;
    f) Approval by the Commissioner;
    g) Transmittal of Order for affirmation by DOJ;
    h) Receiving of Affirmation Order from DOJ;
    i) Assessment of immigration fees and generation of Order of Payment Slip;
    j) Payment to collecting officer and issuance of Official Receipt;
    k) Assignment to registration officer, updating of records and preparation of Filipino Identification Certificate;
    l) Issuance of Filipino Identification Certificate, picture and fingerprint impression taking;

Yes, he entered here last year using UK passport and I want to know if he can stay here more than a year.
    If you all entered together I'd guess you both received 1 year visa free Balikbayan stamp right?

If you plan to stay on you'll both need to update visa before the BB expiry.

Your son seems to be entitled to a Philippine Passport .....why not pursue that route as outline by Fred in the post above #8?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    If you all entered together I'd guess you both received 1 year visa free Balikbayan stamp right?

If you plan to stay on you'll both need to update visa before the BB expiry.

Your son seems to be entitled to a Philippine Passport .....why not pursue that route as outline by Fred in the post above #8?
    Yes Peter.. If they don't wish to get the child recognized as a Fil Cit then they must go to immigration and get the child a tourist visa before the BB expires..

We have plans to get him a dual citizenship. That's our next step.

For now, we just want to verify if he can stay long here in the Philippines.

Thanks for all your assistance

Trusted Member
    Fred is correct ('Recognition').

I had the same dilemma with my boy.

I went through the Recognition process when he was about 2 years of age.

My son, now 2 1/2 years old and my daughter now 9 1/2 months both got their British passports within 6 weeks of birth. Only just in the last few weeks have they applied for their Philippine passports and have gone through the process for that. Being duel citizens in their case is an advantage for sure.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Thread Information