Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Trusted Member

Leaving the Philippines as a Spouse/Fiancee

I don't know if this has already been posted, but I thought it might be of interest to those Filipinas applying for visas, as it's effective as from July 16th.
    Exit requirements for Philippine Nationals

There are guidelines on departure formalities for all international bound Philippine nationals.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/

Fiancee, Spouses and Other Partners of Foreign Nationals

What you need to know...
    As Filipinos going abroad as fiancé(e)s, spouses or other partners of foreign nationals, you are required to attend the CFO's guidance and counseling session in order to secure the Guidance and Counseling Certificate (GCC) and the CFO sticker. You need this certificate to renew or apply for a new passport at the Department of Foreign Affairs (per Department of Foreign Affairs Order Nos. 11-97 Implementing Rules and Regulations for Republic Act 8239, "Philippine Passport Act" and 28-94). You will also need to present this certificate together with your spouse/partner visa, at the Immigration office at the international airport on your day of departure.
    To attend the seminar, you may proceed to CFO's service provider the St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation-Center for Overseas Workers (SMEF-COW) or at CFO Manila and Cebu Office.
    You will have to bring with you the required documents to be accommodated in the counseling seminar. The counseling session runs for a minimum of two hours and is meant to provide you with adequate information regarding inter-marriage and migration, the cultural and social realities abroad as well as available support networks for women in distress, among others.
    After you comply with all the requirements and finish the counseling session, you will be given the Certificate of Attendance by SMEF-COW or CFO which you will have to bring along with other pertinent documents, to the CFO, for registration. Once you already have your valid passport and spouse/partner visa, then you have to register with the CFO. You will then be issued the GCC as well as the CFO Sticker.
    Important Notes:
    • The CFO and SMEF-COW have offices in Metro Manila and Metro Cebu. Visit the offices where it is most convenient.

• Please check the schedule of the counseling session before proceeding to SMEF-COW or CFO because it is country-specific and the slots are only limited. It is on a first-come-first-serve basis.

• You may avail of the Guidance and Counseling Session even while you are still processing or waiting for your visa. If such is the case, you will only be issued the GCC. Once your visa is released, you will return to CFO to continue with your registration. The CFO sticker will then be affixed on your passport.

• You will pay a fee totaling PhP 650.00. The PhP 250.00 is paid as counseling fee at SMEF-COW while the PhP 400.00 is for registration at the CFO.

Important Announcement For Filipino Spouses/Partners Of Foreign Nationals

Beginning 16 July 2012, the Guidance and Counseling Program (GCP) for Filipino spouses / partners of foreign nationals will be conducted by the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) in its Manila and Cebu offices.

Important Announcement For Filipino Spouses/Partners Of Foreign Nationals

Beginning 16 July 2012, the Guidance and Counseling Program (GCP) for Filipino spouses / partners of foreign nationals will be conducted by the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) in its Manila and Cebu offices.

Under Department Orders No. 11-97, No. 15-89, and No. 28-94 of the Department of Foreign Affairs, Filipino spouses and other partners of foreign nationals are required to attend the guidance and counseling program as a pre-requisite to the issuance of passports. The objective is to enable the spouses/partners make informed decisions and prepare them for the realities of cross-cultural marriages.

The number of attendees per session is LIMITED, and participants will be accommodated strictly on a first-come, first-served basis. Only for those with COMPLETE GCP REQUIREMENTS will be considered. A guidance and counseling certificate will be issued to those who have satisfactorily completed the guidance and counseling program. This certificate will be presented to Philippine immigration authorities at the airport on the day of departure.

The schedule of sessions in Manila and Cebu is listed below.

Filipino spouses of Korean nationals who have passed the GCP will be required to take the Two-Day South Korea Cultural Workshop (SKCW). This will be conducted EXCLUSIVELY at the CFO offices in Manila and Cebu starting July 25, 2012.

Meanwhile, GCP Counseling sessions at the People's Reform Initiative for Social Mobilization Inc. (PRISM) will continue until July 13, 2012, and at the St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation-Center for Overseas Workers (SMEF-COW) until September 15, 2012.
    For further assistance, you may email the CFO at imiravalles@cfo.gov.ph or info@cfo.gov.ph.

Guidance and Counseling Sessions in CFO Manila Office (Effective July 16, 2012)

COUNTRY

DAY

TIME

United States of America

Monday to Friday

(12 slots everday)
    9:00 am-12:00 nn

Canada

Tuesdays and Fridays

(12 slots per session)

Other European countries

Mondays

(12 slots per session)

Germany

Wednesdays

(12 slots per session)

United Kingdom and Italy

Thursdays

(12 slots per session)

Japan

Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays

(12 slots per session)
    2:00 PM- 5:00 PM

South Korea and other Asia Pacific Countries

Tuesdays and Thursdays

(12 slots per session)

Australia

Mondays and Thursdays

(12 slots per session)

Taiwan

Tuesdays

(12 slots per session)

New Zealand

Wednesdays

(12 slots per session)

Other Countries (Middle East, South Africa, etc.)

Fridays

(12 slots per session)

Guidance and Counseling Sessions in CFO Cebu Office (Effective July 16, 2012)

COUNTRY DAY

TIME

US and Canada

Mondays to Fridays

(12 slots everyday)

Australian and New Zealand

Monday and Wednesday

(12 slots per session)

Japan and South Korea

Tuesdays and Thursdays

(12 slots per session)

EU and other countries

Fridays

(12 slots per session)

In view of these changes, the CFO Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS)and Peer Counseling Sessions for Filipino emigrants will follow the new schedule as specified below:
    Schedule of Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) for Filipino Emigrants
    CFO Manila (effective 16 July 2012)
    Country

Day

Time

United States of America

Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays

( 70 slots everyday)
    10:00 am - 12:00 nn

Tuesdays and Fridays

( 70 slots everyday)
    2:00 pm - 4:00 pm

Canada

Mondays to Fridays

( 60 slots everyday)
    9:30 am - 12:00 nn

Europe

Tuesdays and Fridays

( 70 slots everyday)
    10:00 am - 12:00 nn

Australia and New Zealand
    Tuesdays and Fridays

( 60 slots everyday)

Japan and other Asian countries
    Mondays and Thursdays

( 70 slots everyday)

Schedule of Peer Counseling Sessions for Filipino Youth Emigrants (13 to 19 Years Old)
    CFO Manila (Effective July 16, 2012)
    Destination Country

Day

Time

All Countries

Mondays to Fridays

(25 slots per session)
    9:30 am - 12:00 nn

2:00 pm-5:00 pm

Schedule of Pre-departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS)
    CFO Cebu (Effective July 16, 2012)

COUNTRY

DAY

TIME

USA and Canada

Monday to Friday

(40 slots per session)
    10:00 a.m. – 12:00 n.n

Australia and New Zealand

Mondays and Wednesdays

(40 slots per session)

Japan

Tuesdays and Thursdays

(40 slots per session)

EU and Other Countries

Fridays

(40 slots per session)

Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) for Exchange Visitor Program Participants (J-1 visa holders)

CFO Manila (Effective May 8, 2012)

DAY

REGISTRATION

J1 Orientation Seminar

Wednesdays and Fridays

(60 slots per session)
    12:00 n.n. – 1:30 p.m

2:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m

Thank you for the latest info about Exit requirements for Philippine Nationals, grahamw48..that's really helps..

Banned
    Last edited by lastlid; 1st August 2012 at 08:56. Reason: Error. Sorry.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I just made this sticky
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Ok now I have never heard of this one, Its not on my long list of what I or my spouse to be musat do .. so does this apply to my Angeline when she is married to me and has her spouse visa, ? Does she have to attend this session?

Many thanks John
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post
    Ok now I have never heard of this one, Its not on my long list of what I or my spouse to be musat do .. so does this apply to my Angeline when she is married to me and has her spouse visa, ? Does she have to attend this session?

Many thanks John
    Yes John. This is a must. She wont be able to leave the country without the CFO sticker in her passport. So she has to visit them.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    She needs to have evidence of your relationship and a copy of your birth certificate for the CFO interview; prepare her to be asked many questions to prove your relationship is real.

Many thanks John

Nice post Graham48

TA!

Trusted Member
    Occasionally I try to do something useful.

Respected Member
    Very good post. We had a bit of hassle with this as my wife did the CFO seminar but they wouldn't issue a sticker because she was married to a British National yet moving to a Middle Eastern country, which didn't fit into their rules (computer says "no"...). This didn't cause any problems at the airport on departure thankfully, but I'm a bit concerned that one day we'll be about to leave the Philippines after a holiday and suddenly have a lot of hassle.....

Leaving the Philippines as a tourist can also be a nightmare too...

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    Leaving the Philippines as a tourist can also be a nightmare too...
    Indeed a NIGHTMARE!

I was stopped on the way to my boarding gate (17 if Im not mistaken at NAIA 1) by two immigration officers for more interview as a tourist on my way to the UK last year. Ask loads of questions etc etc.

TIP for those who are leaving the country:

Dont forget to bring important documents or even those returned docus you have submitted to the visa app centre. Some IO in the airport can be very crafty. Make sure you got all your docus in your hand carry too.

Respected Member
    Is this required only one time? I mean you don't have to keep going to this everytime you leave the country?

Trusted Member
    Once they have a settlement visa for UK in their passport, on later trips out of the Phils...straight through. Just need to pay the travel tax. (p1620) each time they leave, as well as normal airport departure tax.

Respected Member
    My wife got a certificate (cfo) when she came to UK as a visitor last year. When she applies for spouse does she have to do the whole thing again?

when i visit my husband in UK i didnt have that .. no IMMIGRATION OFFICER come and ask me ... im lucky ...

i emailed them last friday , they ask me to attend their seminar and get the CFO sticker before i leave as a migrant ...

you can attend at the same time if you already have your visa ..

Dear Mrs Rhaicard

We wish to advise all Filipinos leaving the country as
    emigrante or spouse / partner of a foreigner is required to register
    Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) and attend Guidance and
    Counseling Program (GCP).

The GCP am for Filipino girlfriend or wife of a foreign
    (Or former Filipino) currently administered by our authorized
    service provider St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation - Center for Overseas
    Workers (SMEF-COW) but it is up to September 14, 2012 only.
    You can also please go to the office of the CFO in Manila and Cebu
    Guidance is also currently performing and Counseling Program.
    Can you please also visit our website www.cfo.gov.ph to please
    more. Email attached flyer for schedule and
    documents required for attendance at GCP for your
    references.

For further inquiries and clarifications, please call (632)
    552-4740 to 46 and (632) 552-4712 to 14.

you can call them for further information ...

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sheldon1 View Post
    My wife got a certificate (cfo) when she came to UK as a visitor last year. When she applies for spouse does she have to do the whole thing again?
    I would have thought so, as it's a different visa.

They don't need much of an excuse to get more money out of you.

Respected Member
    Hi guys.

Hmm, Rose doesn't have this sticker in her passport. Previously she left the country many times for work in Dubai, but obviously each time had the appropriate exit documents from her employer/Dubai consulate. The Dubai work visa is now cancelled and she came to the UK on a Fiancée Visa directly from Dubai in June. We will be returning to the Philippines in 2 weeks time for a visit to her family. We are not marrying until next month, at which time she will apply for FLR(M).

What do you think they will see her status as when leaving Manilla? She obviously can carry evidence of travel TO Manilla from London, and of her life in the UK from June to September as my Fiancée etc. I will be with her too.

Thanks.

Respected Member
    My wife checked this online today. Apparently its only required one time. She has attended the seminar and got the sticker.

Respected Member
    Another question: It says the UK seminar has 12 places on a 'first come, first served basis' - does this mean you just turn up early and wait and hope you're in the first 12?

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    Another question: It says the UK seminar has 12 places on a 'first come, first served basis' - does this mean you just turn up early and wait and hope you're in the first 12?
    yes, so get there early

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    yes, so get there early

Found these guys do this too: http://www.smef-cow-phil.org/index.p...d=62&Itemid=68

Rose is going to call the CFO folks tomorrow morning to see what they say about her 'abnormal' situation.

Respected Member

Found these guys do this too: http://www.smef-cow-phil.org/index.p...d=62&Itemid=68

Rose is going to call the CFO folks tomorrow morning to see what they say about her 'abnormal' situation.
    Found out she does need the sticker. We're going to stay in Manilla and attend this St Mary's CFO thingumy on 20th.

Banned
    Found out she does need the sticker. We're going to stay in Manilla and attend this St Mary's CFO thingumy on 20th.
    Thats where my wife went. Don't forget the hubby's / fiancees divorce papers. 2 of my wifes mates got caught out as they didn't take them so had to go back again with the papers.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Thats where my wife went. Don't forget the hubby's / fiancees divorce papers. 2 of my wifes mates got caught out as they didn't take them so had to go back again with the papers.
    I don't have that problem luckily - never married to the ex.

ok i want this to be clear for me because this is my first time to attend their seminar ..

where is the best to attend the seminar ? and what is the required documents for spouse ?

im only waiting my passport from the british embassy this week ..

can anyone me ?

thanks ...

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    My wife has just received her visa, she attended the seminar last year and so just has to return, register and collect her sticker Im not sure if its prudent to do this the day before she flys out UK bound,she lives in the provinces and would require bus or plane to Manila also does anybody know of anymore hidden paperwork that might be required we would hate to get caught out at the last minute, any help would be useful Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gmturner View Post
    My wife has just received her visa, she attended the seminar last year and so just has to return, register and collect her sticker Im not sure if its prudent to do this the day before she flys out UK bound,she lives in the provinces and would require bus or plane to Manila also does anybody know of anymore hidden paperwork that might be required we would hate to get caught out at the last minute, any help would be useful Gary
    Hi Gary, the CFO have a dedicated desk at NAIA (all terminals)

Many folks in the same situation have organised to get their 'sticker' at the CFO airport desk which is located within the departure area.

The desk is open Sunday to Saturday from 5:00am to 12:00 midnight.

Please be aware that you MUST organise this with CFO beforehand so that they will have the desk manned at the agreed time and with all paperwork.
    The seminar certificate will need to be presented.

Give CFO a call to get things arranged.
    The CFO at NAIA tel no is 8795685

Hope it helps

Hi agian.
    Question about this CFO sticker.
    1. Can my wife to be take this exit interview a few days before she flys home with me?

Many thanks for all your support

John
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Hi agian.
    Question about this CFO sticker.
    1. Can my wife to be take this exit interview a few days before she flys home with me?

Many thanks for all your support

John
    She can go and attend the seminar/counselling in the CFO office in Manila or in Cebu.

have a look on this link for more infos. http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?opti...nals&catid=140

also, there are threads in the forum for you to browse and read for more infos based on the experiences of the members.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information