Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
I think it is you being illogical... There are two 'peak' periods during a working day when people travel to work (in the morning and in the evening) and it is logical an off-peak ticket won't let you travel in these peak times. Just makes sure you always understand the restrictions of any train ticket you buy.
Hello dareen-b! I don't think you understand what I am trying to get at. or, maybe i didn't express my point properly.

First, to comment, you shouldn't attack personally. Or perhaps be nicer person to point out your view. (I don't see the point of attacking). If you have a different view, point it out not me under your fire. This is my experience and this is what I feel about the whole situation.

THERE ARE POLICIES in any means of TRANSPORTATION. FINE. People who work on peak time have no choice but to get the peak time ticket which is more. Those who work off-peak will get the off-peak ticket which is cheaper and better deal.

It is not a question of paying. And neither a queestion of working and not workking. It is a question on the part of people who doesn't work on specific time, flexible time to be precise - when deal is done there is no point of hanging around.

If you travel off-peak bec and done business 2 hours later or for some reason or you have to go back home, you are not allowed and you have to wait hours and hours until the off-peak time OR YOU PAY.

You cannot argue that that is not illogical, especially if you are out there cold, miserable to go home to sort things out and hungry!