Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Hello to all

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Newbie (Restricted Access)
    we're not yet married coz im still waiting for my annulment. they said if the mother is married (not to the biological father of the child) the child is not eligible to be british citizen even with the acknowledgement of the biological father and his name is in the child birth certificate. and it also says there that you can apply your child a british passport even u didn't register the birth to the uk home office (just provide the notarised birth certificate with the acknowledgment and signed by the father). so to play safe, we will apply our son's british passport after my annulment. our main concern now is what kind of visa we will apply to stay with him in Glasgow and be together again. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by monic914 View Post
    ...... our main concern now is what kind of visa we will apply to stay with him in Glasgow and be together again. thank you
    Did you follow the link I provided in my post #2 ?

Do follow all the relevant links given in that webpage.

Given that your child does not hold British Passport the your partner will need to meet the Financial Requirement annual gross income level of £22,400 per year for you and your child.
    If your husband is not able to meet that income level then application for settlement route will not be granted

Regarding the British passport for your child you'd probably have been better advised to secure the passport whilst you were all in UK. As it stands now you'd better to wait until you're back in UK as getting the passport from Philippines will take between 10-12 months at best.

Take at look at the webpage link above and then ask specific questions for clarification on anything that you need help with.

BTW when do you expect your annulment to be completed ?

Thread Information