Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm surprised they wouldn't let you continue with the standard IELTS General training. It's perfectly acceptable to UKVI for entry clearance even under the new rules. Although the pass grade is minimum B1
    For spouse visa grade A1 is all that is needed.
    Still surprised though. Maybe they just wanted to pressurise for the extra dosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    I'm surprised they wouldn't let you continue with the standard IELTS General training. It's perfectly acceptable to UKVI for entry clearance even under the new rules. Although the pass grade is minimum B1
    For spouse visa grade A1 is all that is needed.
    Still surprised though. Maybe they just wanted to pressurise for the extra dosh.
    I know.

According to what I have found out. The test can NOW only be taken at approved venues for UKVI purposes. Yes general training is still offered for UKVI but the price has increased to over 14000 pesos.

They still offer the original IELTS general training at the lower cost but it's not at an approved venue.

Ridiculous.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    I know.

According to what I have found out. The test can NOW only be taken at approved venues for UKVI purposes. Yes general training is still offered for UKVI but the price has increased to over 14000 pesos.

They still offer the original IELTS general training at the lower cost but it's not at an approved venue.

Ridiculous.

Can't they just change the venue to the approved one that they were saying? Or does your wife would mean she would travel to Manila if that will be the case?

Also, I'm just wondering about what they're saying approved venue..according to their website, http://www.britishcouncil.ph/exam/ie...fees-locations, they all have the same venue, whether it's Life Skills or Academic/General Training.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post

Can't they just change the venue to the approved one that they were saying? Or does your wife would mean she would travel to Manila if that will be the case?

Also, I'm just wondering about what they're saying approved venue..according to their website, http://www.britishcouncil.ph/exam/ie...fees-locations, they all have the same venue, whether it's Life Skills or Academic/General Training.
    They won't do it Raynaputi. I tried and tried. There are now two venues in Manila and Cebu for ielts. One for the approved UKVI tests and another for the "non approved" tests. I have to pay the right fee and re register my wife. They wouldnt budge. The general training exams in April that have the lower fee are not being held at the "approved venue"

The link you gave is the UKVI IELTS. the correct one. if you look at the other page (non approved) the fee is lower and the venues are not approved.

http://www.britishcouncil.ph/exam/ie...fees-locations

That's the one I booked because at the time the UKVI page wasn't there on their website.

That's why I posted this thread in the end because of all the hassle it has caused.

I don't wish others to go through this.

How I wish I had waited till after April the 6th before booking a test.

Thread Information