Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi folks, nice to see this thread still has life lol Im the guy who originally started it so feel a tad guilty Ive not been on for a while.

Good news is Im now married :-D

Went to the philippines and JUST managed to squeeze wedding in on my LAST day there of a three week visit. Despite having all my documents (I thought) and a ready booked appointment at the embassy a day after landing...I was shocked to learn I was one document short (cenomar?) so applied for that the same day waited 4 days to get it (well 6 as weekend not included in 4 day waiting period grrrr) then of course I had to wait the regulation 10 days before the wedding AND attend the silly course on birth control (all in Tagalog, only recognised the word CONDOM). Wasnt a fun course as I was severely hungover on the local Red Horse strong beer.

Anyway, married by the mayor on the last day then jetted home :-(

Now folks, just need your expert advice on getting my beloved wife back to the uk.

Is is correct that basically she has to make an appointment at the British Embassy for a settlement visa?

Looking forward to your help/advice

Quote Originally Posted by Paulypoos1973 View Post
    Hi folks, nice to see this thread still has life lol Im the guy who originally started it so feel a tad guilty Ive not been on for a while.

Good news is Im now married :-D

Went to the philippines and JUST managed to squeeze wedding in on my LAST day there of a three week visit. Despite having all my documents (I thought) and a ready booked appointment at the embassy a day after landing...I was shocked to learn I was one document short (cenomar?) so applied for that the same day waited 4 days to get it (well 6 as weekend not included in 4 day waiting period grrrr) then of course I had to wait the regulation 10 days before the wedding AND attend the silly course on birth control (all in Tagalog, only recognised the word CONDOM). Wasnt a fun course as I was severely hungover on the local Red Horse strong beer.

Anyway, married by the mayor on the last day then jetted home :-(

Now folks, just need your expert advice on getting my beloved wife back to the uk.

Is is correct that basically she has to make an appointment at the British Embassy for a settlement visa?

Looking forward to your help/advice
    Ha ha ha. I see you got bitten by the Red Horse too! It's strong stuff and gets you drunk quicker that you think (as I found out). Congratulations, it was a close call but I'm glad everything went ok for you and you don't need a return trip.
    My wife and I are about to start the visa process too. I'll keep you updated and try to help where I can.

Thread Information