Quote Originally Posted by jonnyivy View Post
If I can just give members a wee heads up on booking their flights,..well maybe not everybody looks for the cheapest flight offered, but here's what happened to me today.
I have been watching the prices for Emirates for a week now,..they are advertised on a site called Travel Trolley (linked to a lot of search engines) and the price they show are about £100 cheaper than the next dearest.... I was just ready to press the pay now button when I thought I'd better check this company out...so I read some reports on them. There was a bit of a mixed bag of info and reviews, but mainly folk were saying to beware of their non-existing prices,..they let you book the flight then phone or email you to tell you there has been an increase in the price and they want more money. Of course you can get a refund but it takes 6-10 days to be returned.
With this in mind I telephoned their customer services, having the itinery in front of me on-screen to dictate the dates etc..... not surprisingly he said that price was out of date... and all the other dates around my travel plans ????.. they were all out of date too !!! the actual price was £130 MORE than the airlines direct price !!!

Hope that helps someone make a phone-call first before pressing their pay now button.

Jonny
I used Travel Trolley back in 2015 and I didn't have a problem. Maybe this is a new tactic for them although the ageing trick of bumping up the price is old as the hills. If I use them again I'll phone them up first to check the price is current.