Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/08/04/1...lvage-killings

I won't hold my breath on this one

He instigated all this in the first place with all his bravado talk impressing the masses
It doesn't often happen, but I'd agree with you on this.

Why ?

Because night after night after night we see the results of vigilante killings of mostly completely innocent people.
We also see the completely OTT police action of shoot first ask questions later and honestly it doesn't sit well with me.

The total number of deaths relating to the war-on-drugs in one way or another remains very small but number of alleged innocent victims is quite high.
The other aspect I don't like is the increasing number of deaths of drug users who are so very poor they can never actually be drug dealers/pushers/drug lords.

We still wait to hear the outcomes of those 'Mr Big' characters who have either surrendered, been held in custody or whistleblowers.

PS
Good to see that Mayor Rolando Espinosa from Leyte quickly surrendered after a 'shoot-on-sight' threat .
His son has agreed to return to the Philippines from his hideaway in Malasia and surrender. Still waiting to hear the outcome of that one.

These two are rumoured to be the biggest drug lords and gun-for-hire in Eastern Visayas