Hi everyone,

Just returned from my extended stay in Manila and at last meeting my lovely Maristela. I arrived on 10 April intending to stay until 22 April but with the volcanic eruption, stayed until 10th May.

My first trip but it was wonderful. Met my girl and her family at the airport and have been in a new world ever since. So much so that on 14th April I asked her to marry me and she agreed.

The extended stay was great because I left the hotel on 22nd and stayed with her at her home for the remaining time so I was able to get more involved in her hectic life. Also attended some of the TV shoots with her son Martin and that in itself was an eye opener. These child actors are expected to work sometimes nearly 24 hours on shoots and yet they seem to just lap it up.

Although the temperature in this time reached 47 degrees I was very surprised that I was able to cope. Agreed I did not spend extensive time outside, but still did not collapse as I thought I might. The attention and care that Maristela gave to me probably contributed most to that. I was glad though that we hired a car and driver as traffic in Manila was a thing to behold.

We visited Villa Escudero, Hidden Valley, Ocean World and of course Rizal Park and Intramuros. Although really the trip was to get to know each other better and to confirm the feelings that we had before my visit. We also had some lovely meals and I was pleased that I tried all of the different foods available and enjoyed them. Had a great meal at the 'top of the citi' restaurant in Makati.

We are now planning to marry in October in Manila so I am looking for any advice and guidance from you good people. First about marrying in the Philippines and second about the chance of obtaining a spouse visa at the same time so that Maristela can return to the UK with me after the wedding. we are just planning for a relatively small wedding, perhaps 50 people, so any suggestions for an intimate wedding venue would be appreciated.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
LV