Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    I did however send her & her family a large parcel for Xmas & her Birthday in December which did cost me a lot. Then after Xmas she went quiet and it eventually turned out that a Danish guy had gone to see her, stayed with her and she said that she is in love with him, has found the love of her life and will be getting married soon! So all the thought, effort and money (about £420 with the courier, customs & VAT and item value) was completely wasted and I was left quite hurt.

Some guts on hear have offered money to their girl and they have refused to accept any, even though they might really need it. That's when you know that she is not after your money and the type of girl that you want.
    the Danish guy went to see her and south-east boy you didn't when you start a relationship you really have to go and see them asap, i was lucky, my misses told me if i didn't come by such a date dont come at all, dates pasted a few times and warnings if i didnt come dont come at all, and for what ever reason i couldn't/didn't go ( i went to see her nearly 2yrs after first chatting to her ).. delays and distance will only cause problems, so go and see her asap. that way you have a better idea where you both stand

i'm one of them guys who offered my misses alot of money without ever meeting her first (enough to pay her uni fees at medical school for a yr) she wouldn't take it, but after realising she would have to drop out of uni for a yr, she accepted the money, but then i got a letter off her mom telling me kindly to and she would get her thru uni at any cost, anyway it took me weeks to persuade her mom to take the money from me, but true things were never easy,she had to stay in the phils 2yrs after we married until she finished med school. but hey married 7yrs and still together

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    the Danish guy went to see her and south-east boy you didn't when you start a relationship you really have to go and see them asap, i was lucky, my misses told me if i didn't come by such a date dont come at all, dates pasted a few times and warnings if i didnt come dont come at all, and for what ever reason i couldn't/didn't go ( i went to see her nearly 2yrs after first chatting to her ).. delays and distance will only cause problems, so go and see her asap. that way you have a better idea where you both stand
    As I have said before, she never asked, she was sometimes busy so couldn't send emails or be on the phone etc, she said that she wasn't on dating sites, never said that she was desperate to get married and I never lied to her about my financial situation, so I thought that she was ok with how things were. How was I to know? I also thought I'd need to stay in a hotel, so would need even more money, so I thought that the trip was even further away. The Danish guy stayed with her and her family. If she had given me the time that your lady did I would have seen her if things were going well between us (I was planning to this year), but she only gave me a few months before she went for the Danish stranger. She also never said to me when I said about the presents and asked for make-up "don't spend it on presents, spend it on coming to see me". If she had said these things and also found more time to contact me (it's a bit hard when you send emails and texts, but don't get many replies), then I could have done it and felt more inclined to, although money would have been tight. You hear of lots of couples however busy they are making time so they can chat by going to bed later or earlier etc and I just didn't get a strong enough feeling from her to make me see her. I'm not going to fly half way around the world and spend that money unless they feel strong enough for me and I with them.

If it was true and that she hadn't seen or had contact with the Danish guy beforehand, then this is the 2nd time that she has/is getting engaged at the first time of meeting someone that she has had no prior contact with. How can you know a prior total stranger well enough to get married after just a few fays of seeing them? Anyone can easily put on a false front for a few days, you need time to really know each other-some time in person, but also by email and phone as if they are genuine, you do get to know someone that way too.

Thread Information