Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member
    It all seems such a long time ago now, was it really only seven months?

I was an active poster there for perhaps 12 years. I left in disgust, effectively bullied off just a few days before you guys were banned, I suspect the two events are related.

I objected to the vitriolic extremist race hate posted by one member, In turn he falsely accused me of being a sex tourist pervert, very nasty to do that online especially as the mods always looked after him.

No point "pleading" our personal circumstances as a British-Filipina couple, the guy was a dangerous unhinged extremist, foul insults would achieve nothing, so I walked away. I was happy to walk away, it felt good.

There were very few decent members left by the end, all I remember is you two gentlemen and Markham. Anarchy and childish hate politics seemed to have taken over, though explaining how to pack three suitcases with Spam and Toblerone for ones wife to take to the Philippines was just surreal.

Well, at the moment I am stuck in Leeds, Julie is stuck in Tacloban, and we won't be seeing each other anytime soon. If it wasn't for this damned virus we would be in Bali as part of another three month trip around Asia. Ain't life a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_ View Post
    It all seems such a long time ago now, was it really only seven months?

I was an active poster there for perhaps 12 years. I left in disgust, effectively bullied off just a few days before you guys were banned, I suspect the two events are related.

I objected to the vitriolic extremist race hate posted by one member, In turn he falsely accused me of being a sex tourist pervert, very nasty to do that online especially as the mods always looked after him.

No point "pleading" our personal circumstances as a British-Filipina couple, the guy was a dangerous unhinged extremist, foul insults would achieve nothing, so I walked away. I was happy to walk away, it felt good.

There were very few decent members left by the end, all I remember is you two gentlemen and Markham. Anarchy and childish hate politics seemed to have taken over, though explaining how to pack three suitcases with Spam and Toblerone for ones wife to take to the Philippines was just surreal.

Well, at the moment I am stuck in Leeds, Julie is stuck in Tacloban, and we won't be seeing each other anytime soon. If it wasn't for this damned virus we would be in Bali as part of another three month trip around Asia. Ain't life a bitch.
    Very good description of that very very dark side of the social network.
    It`s quite incredible what nasty individuals 4 or 5 of them are.

Yes I sympathize with the position you are in and I have lots of friends that have homes here.
    They were away at the time the lock down and travel ban started.. All separated for who knows how much longer from their wives and kids??
    Crazy times that I hope end very soon.
    Incidentally.. I hardly moderate anything on here but if anyone on starts a thread about packing Spam and Toblerone it`s a gonner!
    Best Regards..

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_ View Post
    Anarchy and childish hate politics seemed to have taken over,
    Some anarchists are some of the nicest, considerate and polite people I have ever met. Please don't misuse the word. Anarchism isn't about hate it is about cooperation.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    Some anarchists are some of the nicest, considerate and polite people I have ever met. Please don't misuse the word. Anarchism isn't about hate it is about cooperation.
    What do you call yourself on that "other" forum?
    Don`t worry.. You will not get banned on here..We are not control freaks and we encourage freedom of speech here (unlike there).. Please feel free!

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    What do you call yourself on that "other" forum?
    Don`t worry.. You will not get banned on here..We are not control freaks and we encourage freedom of speech here (unlike there).. Please feel free!
    That guy in 'Silence of the Lambs' was always pretty polite too.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    That guy in 'Silence of the Lambs' was always pretty polite too.
    If they start their crazy PC nonsense on here,they will not be banned but I will eat their livers with some fava beans and a nice Chianti!!
    Yummy!!

Trusted Member
    Haha.

Thread Information