I'm considering visiting the Caribbean/Mexico on my planned trip to Pinas. Circumnavigating the planet would seem to be the best option on paper but in reality (cost wise), returning to Heathrow for the next leg is looking like the better idea for around £850 with Aero Mexico and Air China.

Also, traveling between Mexico City for example, and Manila, may require two or three flights including flying northwards to the States instead of heading directly across the Pacific. No direct flights from anywhere south of the States to the Far East it seems although Wiki says there's a route between Mexico City and Shanghai/Seoul/Tokyo. Was hoping Hong Kong would be an option so I'd have the chance of bagging a promo from there to the Phils.

My friends actually live in El Paso in Texas (on the Mexican border) and the original plan was to fly here and maybe go on a road trip to San Diego, Vegas or Utah. I shelved that idea due to the expense of flying to this part of the USA, plus the bullshit one seems to encounter with officials.

So Plan B was to meet them further south.

Any ideas?