I've just watched "Green Street Hooligans" on t.v., which I thought was a good movie. The plot is that a young American goes to visit his sister in London, and gets involved with a West Ham "firm". I thought that the film showed both sides of the story pretty accurately, showing the cameraderie and excitement, without shying away from the bad side of football violence. One thing interested me; the extent to which the West Ham guys detested journalists (Matt, the American does ok until he is suspected of being a "f***ing journo" because the guys find his diary on his laptop. My knowledge of football supporters is somewhat dated; the last time I watched City regularly they still played at Maine Rd, and the only profession that they showed a clear dislike of was police officers. Apart from problems stemming from single issues like Hillsborough, I don't quite get it. It seems to be more of a phenomenon among better off professional guy/ hooligans in the London area than in the north. I would be grateful if someone from London or the surrounding area who is a regular supporter could explain the dislike of "journos" to me.