My Aussie neighbour is as rough as guts (as he describes himself) but he reckons it`s people that make dogs go bad.. He used to breed sheep for Milano wool in Aus and has had dogs around him most of his life..
..He bought a Doberman bitch (pup) 6 years ago and this thing is a sweetheart.. He then bought a Doberman Dog from cebu for breeding purposes so he can sell the PUPS.
This thing is violent if you enter its territory...No one ever does...He reckons its because the original owners had it in a cage.. He has this thing on a heavy chain and doubts he can ever tame the nastiness out of it..
When he takes it off the territory it changes character completely...Like a different Dog..Very placid..
He has sold 4 litters from the bitch to local foreigners and the dogs are so good that they are highly recommended now around the island..
He NEVER gets carol singers or salesmen etc and leaves his doors and windows open when he goes out...The locals ALL give our whole area a wide birth..
I`m not really a dog person but one day I might consider one for our property..Not sure yet.
Have to think very carefully before I make a decision.