Good Morning everyone!

I am Sally Sanchez, married to Keith since November 2013. I arrived here in Isle of Anglesey, Wales in August 2013 on fiance visa, got married in November and got my spouse visa in July 2014. Had a wonderful married life with my husband until September of last year when he got ill. He was diagnosed with CUP (Cancer of Unknown Primary) and sadly passed away 3rd of January this year. He would have been 59 years old last Friday (9th Sept), while I turned 55 last July.

I joined this forum in 2013 with the intention of making friends and maybe get some help if we have trouble getting my visa and what have you. Now I'm here writing not for help with my visa but with something more personal. I knew instantly that my life would change the day we were told of Keith's diagnosis. Nothing will prepare you for what's coming when you hear something like that. But I did anyway for I have no choice. When keith died, i have our friends who helped me out with everything that needs to be sorted and I was grateful. When everything was done, I went back to Manila for a couple of months to be with my family. I left with a heavy heart and came back more broken. Coming back to an empty house is not just hard, it was tough. I just managed by keeping myself busy. I had my passport renewed with my married name on it so that when I apply for my ILR it will also be under my married name. I left again for Manila in July and came back yesterday. As soon as I receive my passport, I will start doing my ILR application and hopefully it will be granted.

While in Manila, i have been thinking deep and hard if I still wanted to stay in UK or not. My Keith made sure that I will be okay in terms of financial. We own our house, mortgage free so I really have no problems in that aspect. It is just so hard coming to terms with his death. I just got here and honestly I just want to go back now. I wanted to tell our friends here and ask for their advice on what's their take on me going back home for good. But I also wanted to hear from independent sources and hoping I can get a better perspective on the whole thing. It is in this light that I come here today to ask for your advice on what's the best thing to do or consider before I make any plans.

I feel a little better that I was able to share all these thoughts and thank you all in advance for whatever help/advice you can give me.

Sally