Hello everyone,
Just a quick query. My friend and I are both on spouse visa and is due to re- apply again. However, my friend just told me that she has been advised by someone( doesn't want to tell me who) that she should apply for ILR instead as she is entitled to do so. This person apparently told her that anyone living here in Uk for more than 6 yrs can now apply for ILR straight which seems so confusing. She came here in UK in 2008 under student visa same as I. Currently holding a spouse visa for 2 1/2 yrs now. Applied later part of July 2012. I believe if i remember it right, that anyone applied for spouse visa from that period would only be given 2 1/2 yrs then would need to apply again for further FLR (M) for another 2 1/2 yrs again before we could apply for ILR. Irregardless of how long have you already been living here, before your previous FLR(M) expires you still need to apply for another 2 1/2 FLR(M) then you could apply for ILR. I told her to seek some advise regarding this matter and so will I. I even tried to encourage her to register here as this helped me a lot throughout my journey. But she is adamant to apply straight for ILR and she is convincing me to do the same. I am hesitant to follow. And so I'm seeking some helpful advise to enlighten me in this matter. I am in a predicament here. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you x