I was in Dumaguete maybe 6 weeks ago and had a couple of hours to spare. So I went into Silliman to see if they still had the crocodiles - which they didn't! Father Tropa and his Spaceship 2000 had also vanished from Dumaguete since I met him in 1990. I guess things, places and people change

Anyway Silliman still have their Anthropology Museum - which is a great place to kill an hour - so I went in. A BIG sign said 'Foreigners 100 peso, Pinoys 40 peso. If you put a sign up on the London Eye or Windsor Castle, Brits £10 foreigners £20, it would create worldwide headlines, but this is Pinas so such things are overlooked. Anyway, the guy taking the money had a Bible on his desk and it was a slow day. I was the only person wanting to go in. I had a spare 5 minutes, so I began....."How much to get in please?"....... "100 pesos sir"........"But it says there 40 peso for pinoys???"....."Yes sir,Filipinos are 40 peso"..........."But 100 peso for foreigners???"........"Thats correct sir"......"Are you a religious person?????"(I knew he was cos I could see the Bible)......."Yes sir"........"What does your Bible and your God say about man - especially about all men being created equal???"...........we had a little verbal joust, by which time he gave me the Pinoy discount and admitted the sign was unfair (I gave him 100 peso anyway. It was worth it for entertainment value). Remember, when travelling in pinas................."All men are created equal".