Quote Originally Posted by Iani View Post
Well, I'm going to go against popular opinion here and say this doesn't sound all bad. Fact is, I've both heard of and met too many men who have got wives from Thailand, the Philippines and even Eastern Europe because they're frankly foul tempered, foul minded pieces of , who British women, and even more so Aussie women wouldn't give time of day to (or would put them in hospital in the case of Aussies and Yorkshire women).

If you're a decent enough guy, it shouldn't be that hard to get some sort of reference.

Having said that, I'd have a thousand percent more respect for this idea - the idea of protecting the women, and preventing the quote "untold miseries and suffering to our Filipino women" and "dishonor and disgrace to Filipino womanhood" if that same government banned their women from travelling to certain toilet states to work in horrendous conditions, way worse than being married to a miserable git.

Until they do that, I'm calling BS on this one
That pretty much sums up my thoughts on the subject.

I've spent almost 9 months helping out some of those Filipina's who got themselves tied in with some real pieces of
Fortunately all but one have had to face legal retribution and are now out of the lives of these poor ladies who were trapped.
The one remaining will be facing legal action and eviction when he finally returns.

I'm not sure this bill will really help but even if it saves one lady from exploitation it's worth it IMO