Quote Originally Posted by Robert86 View Post
Hi there, my wife and I returned to the UK from Ireland after successfully completing Surrinder Singh. We lived in Ireland for 5 months and I was working there for 4 months, BUT this was under the old regulations (prior 1st January 2014).

Applications now for family permits are heavily judged by the UKVI Centre of Life Test, showing that the centre of your life was in Ireland or any other EU member state. It used to be before, 3 months was the magic number set that people could return to the UK on a Family Permit. But to be on the safe side, I would say the same as Terpe and expect to stay in Ireland for around 8-12 months at least, to make sure you don't encounter any problems on your return to the UK.

At the end of the day, you'll be with your wife and that is the most important thing. It's just another experience in your lives together and I'm sure you will enjoy Ireland. If we had to stay for longer then we would have, we only returned as we were granted the Family Permit. But if not, we would have have happily stayed on longer.

I wish you all the best in Ireland, keep us all posted on how you get on.
Top Guy, a rep truly deserved...