Quote Originally Posted by eddiek View Post
Hello everyone,

I just thought of this question recently. I remember reading somewhere on this forum that lots of you guys are in long distance relationships.

Then I thought, why is this the case?

For me the reason is simply because my gf wants to be a nurse here in the UK, and must firstly secure a 7 in the IELTS exam, & secure some nursing experience in PH before applying for a nursing position here in the UK.

Why are you and your girl/lady in an LDR right now?

Thanks for contributing to this thread
That's a bit odd, the only reason is for her to come to the UK is to work here as a nurse that's why you both keep the relationship running even if it's a long distance. I think it should be because both of us love, care and want to be together.

One of the reasons why we prefer foreigner is that you show more care than our local men in the Philippines. You made us feel important, loved and not wasted or rubbish like mostly our local think as we are ugly. Even were far away from each other, it wasn't a hindrance to let us feel were loved and cared for, so we better have and stay on a long distance relationship and feel being loved than not being cared for even were together 24/7.

I think all of us go through ups and downs on LDR but if we are keen to be together and keep the love alive then we make amends, don't we? That's what me and my husband done and now I must say that we are living happily.