Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Job Seekers Allowance is only around £56.80 per week on which many struggle to live and not all are lazy scroungers. In my opinion, this article would have been enhanced if it explained more about the role of the Work Coach too ........

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post
    Job Seekers Allowance is only around £56.80 per week on which many struggle to live and not all are lazy scroungers. In my opinion, this article would have been enhanced if it explained more about the role of the Work Coach too ........
    Obviously those who have not hit hard times wouldnt know rosie. I dont think they realise if they lost their jobs how difficult it would be to get another one.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Obviously those who have not hit hard times wouldnt know rosie. I dont think they realise if they lost their jobs how difficult it would be to get another one.
    People don't know they're born these days. 68 years darnt pit...except for 4 years in the Army.

http://www.pontefractus.co.uk/focusy...s_1955_012.htm

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    People don't know they're born these days. 68 years darnt pit...except for 4 years in the Army.

Similar to both my granddads. .They were both land workers working all their lives for the gentry where we were all born. ..Both served in the 1st great war. ..Both were on the somme on the first day. ..Both were stretcher bearers. .Both aged 25 yo. ..Small world. .

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

well some people had no food or heating in them days and guess what, some people don't these days , nothing changes hey

i don't need to go back 68yrs i can go back to the mid 70's when my dad died and my mom had to struggle bringing up 3 kids, i suppose there are no widows anymore

the good old days , we had nothing, didn't need to lock the doors, reminds my of a quote bush made ..

"We are going to keep on trying to strengthen the American family, to make American families a lot more like the Waltons and a lot less like the Simpsons"

and the Simpsons response ..

"Hey, we're just like the Waltons. We're praying for an end to the Depression too."
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    well some people had no food or heating in them days and guess what, some people don't these days , nothing changes hey

i don't need to go back 68yrs i can go back to the mid 70's when my dad died and my mom had to struggle bringing up 3 kids, i suppose there are no widows anymore

the good old days , we had nothing, didn't need to lock the doors, reminds my of a quote bush made ..

"We are going to keep on trying to strengthen the American family, to make American families a lot more like the Waltons and a lot less like the Simpsons"

and the Simpsons response ..

"Hey, we're just like the Waltons. We're praying for an end to the Depression too."
    Couldn't imagine it Joe

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Couldn't imagine it Joe
    i was pretty young, one thing i do remember was a union guy from where my dad worked (Gardner engines) coming to see my mom and he gave her some money that they had collected from the workers
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i was pretty young, one thing i do remember was a union guy from where my dad worked (Gardner engines) coming to see my mom and he gave her some money that they had collected from the workers
    It must have been so very hard for you, your brothers and your poor mum, Joe, sounds like your mum showed amazing strength of character. My own partner has a similar experience to yours too and at around the same time.

How lovely that your dad's colleagues did a collection to help your family ........ I always find it heart warming to hear about examples of human-kindness and I am sure it was really appreciated

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Don't know who you're aiming your comment at Andy. ..wish you name names. .would save time guessing. ....I for one have known hard time. ....I remember when I was doing my apprenticeship and married with 2 babies with a wife with a backbone ....While I was doing my studies wife and mother in law was in the fields cutting up wood to heat the house. ..couldn't afford coal. ..I remember mum gave us 10 pounds once to get some food in for Xmas. ...All our sweaters where hand made by our mums. ...when you've experienced life like that at ages 21 and 19 it either drives you or destroys you. ...We ended up both driven. .....I was off sick last week with a bad back. ..4 days I was back at work such was my guilt through not going in. ....I will work until I die. ..This will be by choice.......I know was being broke is all about. ......I also know what lazy is all about. .I got family. In the form of nieces who don't intend to work....'blood thicker than water' Not in my case. ...These are a different breed. .my dad would turn in his grave if he ever knew he had wasters in the family.

Thread Information