Hello all! I'm a 27 year old Pinay from Manila but currently living in Cairo. I travel to UK every month to visit my boyfriend and I would like to ask if there are shops around Manchester area that sells pinoy food. Bf and I got engaged last December and due to my work we have postponed the wedding, I'm supposedly to stay here in Egypt for a year but he couldn't take it any longer and wants me in the UK asap. His family are always calling him whenever they hear news about the chaos in Egypt especially his Dad that is worried sick of me living here. This forum really helped us both to understand what are the pros and cons of getting either a spouse visa or a fiance visa. We have both decided that it's time to give up my career for a while (I'm working as a surgical ICU nurse focusing on heart bypass grafts and heart valve replacements) and maximize my UK visitor visa and go back to Philippines to get married. We have booked our Philippines back packing in October, I'm a notorious solo back packer when he met me and so I'm taking him for a taste of how I roam around the Philippines. I will be taking him to Palawan, Romblon, the other parts of Mindoro, Catanduanes, Marinduque, and the Bicol Region. Sadly it's only for 2 weeks and we're heading back to UK.

One question though, I took IELTS Academic last May and got a band score of 7.5. Does the UKBA require either Academic or General Training?

My fiance keeps on telling me that I'm not a typical Pinay, until now I'm not sure what defines a typical Pinay. Hahaha!! I have made a video capping our year of being together- now that's being a Pinay ofc!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GrPCeHtd-4

Cheers!!