Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Simon, spectacular piece of land

Terpe and Fred have made some very good points

Most people dream of owning land next to a nice beach in the Philippines but do not do the proper research before buying. You may be able to purchase the land at quite a low price because the local's know the problems you might encounter in the future!

Setting aside the buying of the land there are a lot of other things you must take into consideration. Some have already been covered by others members but i will repeat them as they are very important.

Access to the property is probably the most important as you if you plan to build one day the materials will have to be delivered. Theoretically you could do this by sea but the costs would be high and the tide is not always accommodating. You may also be obliged to give any neighbors right of way through your land so you cant fence of the area. You do not want to upset the locals!

Water, this may mean you digging your own well at considerable cost and then finding out there is no water or it dries up after a certain time.

Your neighbors could in theory build anything next to your land in the future that you don't like.

Electricity, phone signal, internet signal are just a few of the problems you may encounter.

I am not trying to put you off but the more i think about it you maybe need to spend some more time there before you make your final decision.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Simon,

For what it's worth I know nothing about what you've asked but I wish you well. It looks a complete minefield! Good luck and keep us posted how it goes.

Regards,
    John

Thread Information