Hi Everyone!

I have applied for a Short Stay Schengen Visa at the French Consulate without having to pay anything. I understand that this SHOULD ALWAYS be the case as a spouse of an EU Citizen but if you go through TLS, you would still need to pay for service fee. I lodged my application on the 25th of March and it was granted the same day. My short stay visa is valid for a year (up to 90 days stay in schengen member states with multiple entries). I would like to share my experience with you guys!

DOCUMENTS NEEDED:

- Completed Short Stay Schengen Visa Form - link is provided below
https://www.tlscontact.com/gb2fr/upl...on_form_en.pdf
*Please note that fields with asterisk should not completed.

- Two identical photographs - see photo guidance below
https://www.tlscontact.com/gb2fr/hel...d=picture_tips

- Original passport + 2 copies - Original BRP + 1 copy

- Original Marriage Certificate + 1 copy

- Original Passport of EU Spouse + 1 copy

BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT

- Call TLS Contact (+44) 845 7300 118 and ask for a direct appointment with the French Consulate not with TLS otherwise you would be asked to pay for an equivalent of 28 euros in GBP service fee.
- Once booked, TLS will call you the day before your appointment which serves as a reminder.

*Please Note: Be aware that the only time you can attend the appointment is at 9:00 am - no other time slots will be available.

ON THE APPOINTMENT DATE

- Arrive before 9:00 as it is first come, first served basis. You might not be allowed in if you are late.

- Do not follow the SW7 2EW post code (published in the French Embassy's Website) if you wish to use google maps or else, it will take you to Imperial College Rd. I have checked google maps and it seems that the post code to use in order to arrive at the place is SW7 2JN. It is just two minutes walk from South Kensington Tube Station.

- Only the person with the appointment can get inside the visa section, and there is no waiting place for back-ups outside.

- During your turn, you will be asked for the documents. Taking of finger prints and photo will follow.

- The Consulate will only take the applicant's original passport, completed application form and the copies of other documents - the other original documents (BRP, my husband's passport, marriage certificate) will be returned to you after verification.

PASSPORT RETRIEVAL

- Most of the time, you will be asked if you will be able to collect your passport from the Consulate the next day. You may arrange for collection schedule with the staff dealing with your application.

- Only you or an immediate family member can collect your passport. Passport collection time is only at 3:00 pm Monday-Thursday. So, if you live far from London, be sure to bear this in mind so you can arrange for transport after collecting your passport.

- Present the receipt given on your appointment date and provide an ID upon collection.

* I chatted with a lady from Myanmar who is also a spouse of an EU Citizen and she said TLS told her to have a direct appointment with the French Consulate because it would be quicker processing (she needs the visa soon because she has already booked a flight departing on the 28th). So this might be a good route to those needing the above-mentioned visa in a hurry.

*Please remember that this service might only be available with the French Consulate. It is worth checking at the Embassy website of your preferred Schengen destination.

Thanks for reading.
Jona