Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    london well away from those people up norf
    Out of intrest (ok not much on telly tonight) and maybe fred knows how long would it take me to become a pinoy citzen if i moved over tomorrow?

Well ..its pretty late here...Like 530 am..but Ill give it a go..
    As far as I have heared you will need to live here for at least 8?10 years before you are even considered for application(could be wrong)..
    If you make it to Filipino citizen...Congrats!! your rights however will be no where near the rights offered too a natural born Filipino..
    Forget owning land for starters..It ain gonna happen in our lifetime!!
    Why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Well ..its pretty late here...Like 530 am..but Ill give it a go..
    As far as I have heared you will need to live here for at least 8?10 years before you are even considered for application(could be wrong)..
    If you make it to Filipino citizen...Congrats!! your rights however will be no where near the rights offered too a natural born Filipino..
    Forget owning land for starters..It ain gonna happen in our lifetime!!
    Why bother?

I have no plans too just i thought it was unlikely as i never heard anyone who had achieved it over the years. But saw it mentioned in the example above.

I guess you must be getting though the smbs to still be up or did the chickens wake you sir?

Banned
    I am going to qoute what the immigration told us (Me and my husband before) when my ex-husband insisted to apply for citizenship in the Philippines. What the immigration told us that he must stay as a resident of the Philippines.
    Qoute to what the immigration said.... " It is not worth applying for the CITIZENSHIP. SHE SAID IF U WILL APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP, U WILL PAY SO MUCH MONEY. WHILE IF U R A RESIDENCE U WILL PAY ONLY P250.00 ANNUALLY.
    So, I think that the best advice. Be a RESIDENT NOT A CITIZEN.

Quote Originally Posted by charlwill View Post
    I am going to qoute what the immigration told us (Me and my husband before) when my ex-husband insisted to apply for citizenship in the Philippines. What the immigration told us that he must stay as a resident of the Philippines.
    Qoute to what the immigration said.... " It is not worth applying for the CITIZENSHIP. SHE SAID IF U WILL APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP, U WILL PAY SO MUCH MONEY. WHILE IF U R A RESIDENCE U WILL PAY ONLY P250.00 ANNUALLY.
    So, I think that the best advice. Be a RESIDENT NOT A CITIZEN.
    Maybe in the intrests of the phill goverment to stop non phills from buying up and taking over the country.
    But if the phill goverment woke up and realised the investment in the country might shoot up if it allowed controlled forigen ownership and people being able to take dual citzenship with full propety rights etc.
    Most of Londons success is down to the fact people from all round the world can invest and work here.

Say i came to phill to live and run a business which betwen the home and business employed 10 people thats changing 10 families fortunes, and as the business grew it employed more and more people plus the businesses who i traded with could employ more people. Does it matter whether a phill or a non phill runs the company?

rant over thats why phill is for holidays only for me to much grief opening accounts as an alien and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    Maybe in the intrests of the phill goverment to stop non phills from buying up and taking over the country.
    But if the phill goverment woke up and realised the investment in the country might shoot up if it allowed controlled forigen ownership and people being able to take dual citzenship with full propety rights etc.
    Most of Londons success is down to the fact people from all round the world can invest and work here.

Say i came to phill to live and run a business which betwen the home and business employed 10 people thats changing 10 families fortunes, and as the business grew it employed more and more people plus the businesses who i traded with could employ more people. Does it matter whether a phill or a non phill runs the company?

rant over thats why phill is for holidays only for me to much grief opening accounts as an alien and the like.
    I agree with everything that you say..
    IMO if we are not allowed to own land or control a business here then Filipino`s should not be allowed to do the same in Britain or the US..
    If this were the case I'm certain that Filipino constitutional changes would be swift..
    GMA is for change but unfortunately her opposition on these changes are vast.
    Not in my lifetime!!
    Fortunately ,everything I "own" here will go to my kids.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    I have never heard of someone wanting to change their citizenship to being Filipino.. ahahahah.. Have you?

Thread Information