Hello,

This will be my first post on these forums. First, I must say how invaluable I have found the advice on this site; I initially wanted to find out about the spouse visa application requirements and hadn't a clue until I came here, so thank you.

I'm currently in the process of planning a wedding to my Filipina fiancee, but I'm not so clear on the exact requirements to obtain a marriage license.

As I understand it, after obtaining a local certificate of no impediment from the embassy in Manila and attending the required pre-marriage seminars, we will be able to apply for the marriage license in my fiancee's home town. The marriage license is then only issued after a 10 day period. My question is, do I need to remain in the Philippines for this 10 day period or is it acceptable for me to return to the UK while my fiancee waits for the license to be issued? Work commitments in the UK mean I will need to fly back within the 10 day period and then fly out again within a week or two of the license being issued to then marry.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether this would be possible?

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Many Thanks,

Chris