Quote Originally Posted by briancol View Post
Thanks very much for the advice Terpe,her visa is Spouse Visa,and yes she's been here since June 2012 as my wife,so after 2 years she can apply for ILR,at present rate 1051,but by June 2014 i'm sure it will be more than that,.
then another year after that, she applies for British Citizenship,from June 2015,is that expensive too?.
No she doesnt work,she's been looking but cant find a job.So does that mean "my" Pension Credit is classed as "public funds"? we can live on that because we are not big spenders but will they accept that? but savings are virtually none exsistant.do you think we are going to have trouble when the time comes to apply?
Hi Brian, British Citizenship currently costs £874, so yes it's quite expensive especially when you also consider the £1051 paid out for ILR
These immigration steps certainly focus the need to save as much as possible.
Of course British Citizenship application is not mandatory, and may be made at any time after the 3 years living in UK
So nothing to be worried about regarding specific dates/timing.

Your Pension Credit is considered under public funds.
This means that although you may claim everything in your own name and eligibility, you must not include your wife whilst she is under immigration controls.
In principle this means you must inform the DWP that your claim cannot include your wife.