Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bless.books View Post
    Hello dareen-b! I don't think you understand what I am trying to get at. or, maybe i didn't express my point properly.

First, to comment, you shouldn't attack personally. Or perhaps be nicer person to point out your view. (I don't see the point of attacking). If you have a different view, point it out not me under your fire. This is my experience and this is what I feel about the whole situation.

THERE ARE POLICIES in any means of TRANSPORTATION. FINE. People who work on peak time have no choice but to get the peak time ticket which is more. Those who work off-peak will get the off-peak ticket which is cheaper and better deal.

It is not a question of paying. And neither a queestion of working and not workking. It is a question on the part of people who doesn't work on specific time, flexible time to be precise - when deal is done there is no point of hanging around.

If you travel off-peak bec and done business 2 hours later or for some reason or you have to go back home, you are not allowed and you have to wait hours and hours until the off-peak time OR YOU PAY.

You cannot argue that that is not illogical, especially if you are out there cold, miserable to go home to sort things out and hungry!
    I think Darrens reply was addressing your thread title not attacking anyone If any one wants to have an anytime ticket, that costs more If anyone finds themselves wanting to travel outside of their entitlement the solution is to buy the appropriate ticket irritating it may be illogical not
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    I think Darrens reply was addressing your thread title not attacking anyone If any one wants to have an anytime ticket, that costs more If anyone finds themselves wanting to travel outside of their entitlement the solution is to buy the appropriate ticket irritating it may be illogical not
    Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    I think it is you being illogical... There are two 'peak' periods during a working day when people travel to work (in the morning and in the evening) and it is logical an off-peak ticket won't let you travel in these peak times. Just makes sure you always understand the restrictions of any train ticket you buy.

Hello keithAngel! Here's darre-b's comment. It is not about not understanding the restrictions, it is how the way they work out on the charges. If you bought ticket thinking you are to stay longer, that is fine. But if you have to go back home for valid reasons and not bec you just want to, you have to pay extra add'l cost.

Quote Originally Posted by bless.books View Post
    But if you have to go back home for valid reasons and not bec you just want to, you have to pay extra add'l cost.
    Yes you do thats logical, as your valid reasons are nothing to do with the contract you entered into with the transport company
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

you've bought an off peak ticket, thats when your suppose to travel
    they are the rules, same rules i had to stick to when i travelled with an off peak ticket. you have to plan your journey better, take into account you might finish your meeting earlier or latter before you buy an off peak ticket.
    i didn't like waiting 90mins but its either you wait or you pay more

Thread Information