Quote Originally Posted by reginacarlson View Post

I know that it is considered rude to be talking in a foreign tongue in the presence and company of others who can't speak the language because it is like leaving someone out of a conversation intentionally, and that could really make the person feel uncomfortable standing there like an idiot because he/she cannot understand a word. So it’s always better if you can speak a language that everybody understands.

However, as I’ve mentioned before from my previous post that which really annoys me is when I’m speaking to another Filipino and they don’t answer back in Tagalog, probably because they’re ashamed of the language and to prove that they’re better when it’s clear that they are obviously struggling with the grammar! Unless they told me beforehand that they're just practicing to improve their English.

some people are like that... but they are very thrilled when they hear you speaking your language... They got intrigued & intrigued everytime... What is surprising also, they are ver amazed how we speak 3 or more languages/dialects! hehee... ENglish, Tagalog, Your local dialect (Bikol,BIsaya,Waray) and maybe Chinese & Spanish too! lol... they said, we are so intelligent & taleneted...

When it comes to Pinay not speaking in Tagalog back or In english.. I think, we are just too conscious of what people will say. Because in our head, we sometimes think that we are way better than they are like (Better not speak in English because we might be struggling with our accents and grammar)... It is sad when Pinoys think this way...

Pinoys are just too conscious. Pinoys think a lot! Pinoys are shy but not at all...

I've also learnt that.. Communication plays an important role in everyday life. Speak and speak and do not be shy and do not be too conscious... And do not judge your kapwa Pinays... We are all here as foreigners and we are all here to learn from each other. Just be you...