We all know there is a big difference between the general lifestyle of people in the UK versus the Philippines.
Also there is such a big difference between the "City" and the "Province" in Phils.

One of the nicest things that happened to me in July/August just gone was something Rochelyn said.
We came in from the city after shopping and a bite to eat in Robinson's food court near Fuente Osmena. I switched the cable TV on in the room as she took a shower, and when she came out, she said "dear, I hope you don't mind me asking but why did you put the TV on?".
I said it was more out of habit and maybe there was a good movie on soon.
She said "You know dear, we talk more when the TV is off".
I sat there dumbfounded for a minute or so, and said "You know what dear, you are right" and I switched the TV off.
We chatted all night and had a fantastic evening and this got me thinking about province life versus the city life there and how it affects people. Also about life in general in any country.
I know this a generalisation but I suppose that when the electricity goes off in the province, people talk a lot to each other the same way they used to do a hundred years ago, before TV came along.
(I see hundreds of babies and toddlers in the province too - testament to the TV being off also )
Conversation often goes away when the goggle-box goes on.

But, I asked her if it was OK for me to watch the "footie" when she gets to the UK to live with me.
I know she didn't really have any idea what I was going on about, but she agreed.
Well at least to let me see every second of the "Toffees" when we are on (backlash cometh ) and I think she understood there was something that meant a lot to me.
Maybe she will get into the soaps as a lot of people do, but I really hope we can set aside many nights with the TV off
There are so many other things to do.