Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie (Restricted Access)

Question How quick for an annulment?

Hi, I'm new to this site and my girlfriend and i have been reading through all the useful information here - what a fantastic site! However, all the reading has still left me somewhat confused....

I'm trying to arrange a marriage annulment for my filipino girlfriend. She has been separated for several years and her husband does not wish to contest the annulment. However, I've been told that it could take 18 months or more for the annulment to come through. On reading through the various posts on this forum, it seems that it is possible to get an annulment quicker than this... is this correct? If so, what do we need to do in order to get a quicker annulment?

Hello Mike, welcome to this informative site...just keep reading in here i'm pretty sure u can get the answers of your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemike View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this site and my girlfriend and i have been reading through all the useful information here - what a fantastic site! However, all the reading has still left me somewhat confused....

I'm trying to arrange a marriage annulment for my filipino girlfriend. She has been separated for several years and her husband does not wish to contest the annulment. However, I've been told that it could take 18 months or more for the annulment to come through. On reading through the various posts on this forum, it seems that it is possible to get an annulment quicker than this... is this correct? If so, what do we need to do in order to get a quicker annulment?
    Pay bribes in a nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Pay bribes in a nutshell
    lol bribes are ok by me if it gets the job done quicker! who to and how?

hello mike, welcome to the forum..just read some of the posts here about annulment for sure everything will be ok..

Goodluck..

Not that i approve you understand but depending how much you want to spend remaining invisible as a foreigner will be cheaper

If so your girlfriend needs to approach a lawyer who is experienced / recommended

and they will make all the approaches one vital bit in all this is the current husband must not contest anything or you may loose your "brown envelope" money.and this leaves you open to potentially being held up

Why do you think he will be ok? sometimes it may be true or you might want to think about a "thank you" amount for staying co-operative payable only after annulment is achieved

You should also be aware that any adultery with a married woman leaves you open to criminal prosecution and a shake down or up to 7 years prison if a complaint were made...ouch

There has been a suggestion on the forum that cotaba is very fast and cheap might be worth exploring as one member says 50000 piso

the more talked about amounts are 150-240,000 so 2-3 grand

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....ight=annulment

many thanks for the advice keith

Respected Member
    In our case it took a 6-7 months, and about £2,000. Ouch. For an annual salary of £20k, it is a load of dough. We had it done in Cotabato. I have heard quicker on here though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ady View Post
    In our case it took a 6-7 months, and about £2,000. Ouch. For an annual salary of £20k, it is a load of dough. We had it done in Cotabato. I have heard quicker on here though.
    Yes, i agree, it is quite alot of money.. but i'd ratrher we get the annulment quickly than hang around for ages. Could you recommend a lawyer there?

davao city phil. but currently here in uk

from wr is ur gf? if from davao i can give you the number of my friend who got hers done easy in cotabato. call her and talk to her how and who the lawyer in davao she got.The lawyer she got is from davao city but her lawyer filed it in cotabato city.

she's in bankok at the moment but will be returning to the phils soon. She is from Manilla, but i was thinking it may be worth travelling down to cotabato city if it means getting a faster annulment. A contact number for a lawyer who could do this would be really greatly appreciated.

many thanks

Respected Member
    I will ask my gf for a number. Maybe better to get your gf to do the dealing - once they knew my gf had a British bf the price doubled. No kidding.

excellent advice, thanks Ady

she's in bankok at the moment but will be returning to the phils soon. She is from Manilla, but i was thinking it may be worth travelling down to cotabato city if it means getting a faster annulment. A contact number for a lawyer who could do this would be really greatly appreciated.

many thanks
    yes let ur gf arrange the deal for it. tell her not to mention that she has a foreigner bf thats why she wants annulment coz the lawyer wl ask double price.If she has time to call my friend SUSIE METRAN mobile fon number 00639186653777 about the easy annulment done in cotabato which i (emalin) mentioned.Ask who is the lawyer coz i forgot the name she gave to me.It cost 50,000pesos only but there are a little bits of expenses for the papers needed that the lawyer will ask to submit from the client.

I think ur gf dont need to travel to cotabato anymore.Its the lawyer only whom hv a connections from the court insiders.

does anyone know if there are any restrictions where my g/f can file for the annulment? for example, does she need to be resident in an area before she can file there?

well for what i have heard annulment is always easy to get and fast too if you file it in a certain province instead of Manila I don't know why(of course if the party involve didn't contest it?) or as long as you are ready financially that's the main thing

I think none as long as its within phil. terretories.Coz anybody can changed address.My friend is living in davao city, and cotabato city is different city already.Thats why its easy there and quick there coz its under ARMM govt. but still accepted by phil. laws.

Mike has she got her marriage document with her? as for me that is the starting point old cynic that i am

many thanks everyone for the excellent advice

good point keith, i'll find out

Banned
    Ok mike i just done w/ my annulment nearly 7 months,not bad and direct to the point its 150 thousand package deal,i even give my lawyer to one of the member here and she check my lawyer if he is pass on board ,yes he is...he is from manila(not to compete w/ other members recommendation) but just giving u choices and i can assure you he work fairly enough i trusted him

P.S as gemini63 is my friend (so hope she don't mind my post) as she mentioned 50thousand pesos, it can be, but....but....but it isn't included there the psychiatrist, filing fee,the lawyer can ask for more fee but in 150k its installment ,every hearing he ask me to pay 20k and until the decision haven't come out ,you don't need to pay it in full...since you are newbie we really need to put it in public as u cant use private message facilities on the forum here is the atty mobile phone u can ask him directly any question you want to know,but let your g/f do the talking lol,we call here if some one speak in English"spokening dollar"

Hi Mike,we are just into the final stages of our annulment,its in the court now.With a good lawyer your looking at about £1,500 for his fee and brown envelopes.You will also need about £300 for the shrink.
    We paid 50% upfront and 50% on completion to the lawyer.You might be asked for more money as the annulment has to be published in a local newspaper,this money should be deducted from the final payment.
    I had to pay off the ex husband,but he was told I would not pay for his daughters school fees if he asked for any more money,that done the trick.
    So best of luck,its a long and expensive process but its worth every penny.
    The costs vary in every town and province so you will hear many different prices being quoted and about how long it takes.

Respected Member
    More useful advice thanks folks. Once I have met Mae in Bangkok next week (!!!!!!) we will start the anullment process. She thinks she has found a good lawyer in Angeles, but I will be doing some checking first.

Ian

does anyone know if there are any restrictions where my g/f can file for the annulment? for example, does she need to be resident in an area before she can file there?

the law says u can only file ur annulment where u're a resident or u have a residence otherwise it would be a question of jurisdiction...

unless they already changed or ammend the law

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D&G View Post
    the law says u can only file ur annulment where u're a resident or u have a residence otherwise it would be a question of jurisdiction...

unless they already changed or ammend the law
    Yes thats right. If the Prosecutor found out that she is not a resident of that place where she filed the annulment, the court will dissmiss the case. But that also defends on how the lawyer will handle it, if the lawyer have a good contact with the people in that court then it will be no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    Ok mike i just done w/ my annulment nearly 7 months,not bad and direct to the point its 150 thousand package deal,i even give my lawyer to one of the member here and she check my lawyer if he is pass on board ,yes he is...he is from manila(not to compete w/ other members recommendation) but just giving u choices and i can assure you he work fairly enough i trusted him

P.S as gemini63 is my friend (so hope she don't mind my post) as she mentioned 50thousand pesos, it can be, but....but....but it isn't included there the psychiatrist, filing fee,the lawyer can ask for more fee but in 150k its installment ,every hearing he ask me to pay 20k and until the decision haven't come out ,you don't need to pay it in full...since you are newbie we really need to put it in public as u cant use private message facilities on the forum here is the atty mobile phone u can ask him directly any question you want to know,but let your g/f do the talking lol,we call here if some one speak in English"spokening dollar" lol +639286569030
    Take heed Mike,
    Whatever lawyer you use and whatever city you choose to file for the annulment, if you can get through the whole process without her lawyer or any other involved official finding out that a foreigner is involved it really will save you a lot of money.

With regard to her ex, I think it would be wise for your gf to come to some sort of financial agreement with him whereby a bung will be paid, but only if he cooperates completely throughout the process and only when the whole process is complete.
    Iain.

Fast Annulment Guaranteed

Hey. I just got my annulment in just a month and a half. Fast huh! Upon filing the petition,I paid half of the amount. When the petition came out I paid the remaining half and voila everything moved very fast. My ex-husband did not contest it so it went smoothly. My friend does everything up to the recording at the local civil registrar. This is needed so you can have your Final Decree of ANNULMENT. Because without this finality any succeeding marriages will still be void.

Respected Member
    2,000 god that is a lot of money gaz/maybs

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    Hey. I just got my annulment in just a month and a half. Fast huh! Upon filing the petition,I paid half of the amount. When the petition came out I paid the remaining half and voila everything moved very fast. My ex-husband did not contest it so it went smoothly. My friend does everything up to the recording at the local civil registrar. This is needed so you can have your Final Decree of ANNULMENT. Because without this finality any succeeding marriages will still be void.
    I saw her post in some threads how grateful she got her annulment so quick, shout it everywhere in 3 threads, never introduce yourself well congratulation uli lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information