Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

22 July 2008: THE ECO decision....

I have met my partner on the 16th of March this year in Bangkok. We fell in love, spent time together. When he went back to the UK, we continue communicating daily through telephone visits, MSN chats, occasional text messages and emails. Till we decided to have me enrolled in an english course in the UK at a college nearby where he resides, we so believe in this way we could nourish the early relationship.

As mentioned during my intro here, I am currently working as a teacher in South East Asia and I opted to study the minimum 15 hours of study, which is permissible in the UK immigration. I had a Bachelor's degree from the Philippines and I chose to be enrolled in a Business English course, which is very elementary to my academic and english qualifications. Because we both wanted to ensure a sure visa, I dove in to take the IELTS exam and I had an IELTS score of 6.5 which I took last May.

My partner and I prepared every single document we needed for this to materialise. He even flew to Thailand a couple of months after our first meeting in March. We spent time together in June for 10 days here just to collate all my documents ready for the solicitor's checking and preparation of the letter and stuff, aside from our own personal statements. Reserved and paid for my airline ticket.

I waited for two weeks before I get all my documents back to me, ready for submission to the VAC/VFS. My partner's birthday falls on the 22nd JULY and we are hoping I could get my student visa. The best gift for both of us in his birthday--- a "YES' visa.

24th of July, I undertimed and excused myself from the school to collect for my visa, my partner was calling me during that time as I approached the Visa Centre. It took me a couple of minutes waiting to be at the counter. The Lady gave me back the big piling folder which was provided to me by the solicitors we hired, and an envelop, the decision was made on the 22nd of July; checked the remaining pages of my passport, I have seen blank pages with no stickers(vignette) with my passport-sized pic attached by a clip, the ECO's decision; REFUSED!

I was numb, lost and... lost...

and what was the reasons given for the refusal ?

sometimes if your applying for a student visa, its not always good to mention your in a relationship with someone, catch 22 , damned if you do tell them- they'll say your just using the student visa to be with your b/f, damned if you don't tell them, and they find out- with holding information..

it will soon be even more difficult to get a student visa

Thread Information