Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Cancelled trip - now going back (annulment)

Hi,

Just an update on my situation. A while back, around the time of the David Scott case, I was set to go to Davao to meet my gf. We had already met in HK, and had started the annulment process.

I was due to go there in March, but I got freaked out after the David Scott incident. Maybe because I am selfish - but I didn't want to put Shei in that situation either. She has a young daughter - just 10 years old now - and I simply couldn't run the risk. Also, I have to take care of my parents here - my father has been ill the last 10 years. Without me, they cannot cope. Finally, I have a big fear of being locked anywhere. So much so, I wake in the middle of the night screaming and yanking open a door.

I digress.

We talked many hours, and in the last day - I cancelled. The worst decision I made in my life - but maybe the right decision - since the annulment was ongoing. After all, I have to respect the laws of the country that I am a guest at.

Shei has now had her annulment processed - she had an annotated MC that came from the NSO - stating "Pursuant to the judgement of Judge Dredd, to the Cotabato Regional Court, under case xx-yyyy the marriage between Shei and her husband is hereby declared null and void".

Shei also asked the NSO for a CENOMAR - however, it came back showing that there was one match in the national index of marriages. I guess that is correct (since a marriage took place - although it is now annulled).

The NSO document is all that is needed for future visa applications in terms of proving eligibility to wed again? Also, bearing in mind that she is now annulled, I guess we are safe from falling foul of the adultery laws of the Philippines.

davao city phil. but currently here in uk
    So good nerws that uve got it. Its like my friend whove got her annulment too filed in cotabato got it easily with only few thousand pesos cost.In her case how many months it hv been granted since she filed it? May i know too how much she spend all? coz my friend got it only one month with 50 thousand pesos cost.

Respected Member
    It took 5 months to get the annulment - it cost more than 50k :-(( more like 150k. We get it all completed in June - close to my birthday.

Wow, I see you are in the UK now? Congratulations on that. I am landing in Davao Aug 21. I am more excited this time, and relieved if that is all that is required. Maybe I was over cautious.

Shei's brother currently works here on the power lines - he is from Davao too.

Yes im in uk again now. this my third time. I went home last feb. then back just May.So good luck on ur trip to davao soon.Are you going to marry ur gf in ur coming trip? Is her brother staying with you here? wr are you here in uk?

Respected Member
    Hi Gemini,

We won't be getting married in this trip - our plan is to apply for a fiancee visa and get married in the UK. Shei's brother is based in Braintree - I have been to visit him. I am based in Wales - so there is a long way to travel to Braintree.

That's good news Ady. Good luck to you and Shei
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Respected Member
    Thanks very much kukurokuk.

It's tough, and we are not there yet - but it is not all doomed to fail because someone requires an annulment. It takes more work, but if the girl is worth it, then don't let the fact that an annulment is required stop you. At our time in life (I am 32, Shei is 36), it would be amazing if neither of us had any baggage. If roles were reversed and I was seeking a divorce, I would be broken hearted if Shei dumped me for that reason.

london well away from those people up norf
    Congrats to the two of you on sorting the anulment.

Personally I think you were wise to stay out of the country particulary with the situation you describe.

Respected Member katie37pinayuk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini63 View Post
    So good nerws that uve got it. Its like my friend whove got her annulment too filed in cotabato got it easily with only few thousand pesos cost.In her case how many months it hv been granted since she filed it? May i know too how much she spend all? coz my friend got it only one month with 50 thousand pesos cost.
    i am going home to the Philippines on 22 august 2008. i am a filipina working in the uk. was married in manila and planning to get an annulment. i heard it is going to take 1 year and costs a lot of money. but i had my hopes high when i saw you mentioning your friend had hers for a month at 50k and even ady's for 5months. you think i would be able to get in touch with your friend for some advice. many thanks x

Respected Member
    Katie,

In my situation, Shei lives in Davao. She saw lawyers that told her it would take 10 months - 18 months to get an annulment in Davao. Instead they suggested that she should go to Cotabato - because it is less busy in that court. Once the petition was filed (3 weeks) it took roughly 5 months to get an annulment. Maybe it is more costly this way - but it suited us more because it was a quicker method.

The NSO annotated MC took 4-6 weeks to complete. It cost me 150k.

I am travelling to Davao from Manchester in a few weeks.

AndyPaul,

Thanks for taking the time to send a message. I think it was the right decision too. The day before I cancelled, I was really in a big state of panic - on my way to work I had to stop because I got sick in worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ady View Post
    Katie,

In my situation, Shei lives in Davao. She saw lawyers that told her it would take 10 months - 18 months to get an annulment in Davao. Instead they suggested that she should go to Cotabato - because it is less busy in that court. Once the petition was filed (3 weeks) it took roughly 5 months to get an annulment. Maybe it is more costly this way - but it suited us more because it was a quicker method.

The NSO annotated MC took 4-6 weeks to complete. It cost me 150k.

I am travelling to Davao from Manchester in a few weeks.

AndyPaul,

Thanks for taking the time to send a message. I think it was the right decision too. The day before I cancelled, I was really in a big state of panic - on my way to work I had to stop because I got sick in worrying.
    Its a complicated situation even a straightforward meeting of a Brit/Phill (if there is such a thing?) let alone with all the extra complications.

Im sure your Future Wife loves and respects you even more for putting the intrests of others particularly your Parents before your self

Quote Originally Posted by katie37pinayuk View Post
    i am going home to the Philippines on 22 august 2008. i am a filipina working in the uk. was married in manila and planning to get an annulment. i heard it is going to take 1 year and costs a lot of money. but i had my hopes high when i saw you mentioning your friend had hers for a month at 50k and even ady's for 5months. you think i would be able to get in touch with your friend for some advice. many thanks x
    hi katie, just add my yahoo ID so i can reply to u even in offline msg whom ur going to call wn in phil already,,

[/FONT]
    Hi Gemini,

We won't be getting married in this trip - our plan is to apply for a fiancee visa and get married in the UK. Shei's brother is based in Braintree - I have been to visit him. I am based in Wales - so there is a long way to travel to Braintree.

Hi Ady, it's a good idea to apply for fiancee and get married in here. In my stepsons case his girlfriend was already here last year, (fiancee visa) but they want to get married in Philippines and all of us have to be there too but until now his wife still in Philippines to sort out her visa and etc. If they listen to me in the first place to get married in here, it would'nt be too much expences and she would still be here.

goodlcuk ady

Good result!

Seven months and still waiting but expecting result any time now.

Respected Member
    Thanks for the messages.

Good luck Jonnijon. I'm sure it will be OK... and it is WORTH IT!

If I can advise anyone. If you are looking for a Filipina - and nothing else, then yes - maybe avoid ones seeking annulment.

If you happen to find your life partner, and she happens to be Filipina and seeking annulment - THEN GO FOR IT. Don't waste time my friends - if she is the one, she is worth it.

Thanks for the messages.

Good luck Jonnijon. I'm sure it will be OK... and it is WORTH IT!

If I can advise anyone. If you are looking for a Filipina - and nothing else, then yes - maybe avoid ones seeking annulment.

If you happen to find your life partner, and she happens to be Filipina and seeking annulment - THEN GO FOR IT. Don't waste time my friends - if she is the one, she is worth it.

word

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Katie,

Hi Ady,
    Would it be possible to recommend lawyers in Cotabato who could get a fast annulment?

Thread Information