Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: CNI Affidavit

CNI Affidavit

Hi guys,
    hoping you can help me - yet again!

I'm going to apply for my UK CNI so Bert and I can get married in Sept when I go to the Phils.

How do you go about getting the affidavit signed? who can do it? what is the likely cost of it?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

K xx

my husband got his uk cni at the local registry office and when he came to visit me in the philippines we changed it in the british embassy. That cost us almost 5k pesos in 2006. I dont know how much he paid in the local registry office. He waited i think 21 days before he could get the local cni. hope this can help

goodluck to you both

ann

take your C n I to bristish embassy same day your get your papers to marry costs about the same as here in the uk

Contact your local registry office to make appointment.

When you go there you will need to take some details such as passport or birth certificate and proof of address (utility bill etc.).

The cost of the CNI is £30 and you have to wait 21 days to pick up your certificate.

i think I might be looking in the wrong place on the internest about the CNI, the site I've seen says you have to put a notice in the paper then have a signed affidavit. Is this incorrect info. Maybe I should just phone the registrar tomorrow.
    Thanks all for your help, looks loike i might have been barking up the wrong tree

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisingkerry View Post
    i think I might be looking in the wrong place on the internest about the CNI, the site I've seen says you have to put a notice in the paper then have a signed affidavit. Is this incorrect info. Maybe I should just phone the registrar tomorrow.
    Thanks all for your help, looks loike i might have been barking up the wrong tree

Hi Kerry

Yeah you have to phone reistrar and book an appoiment in my brough of london the nearest Interview was wuite a few weeks off.

Then you have to wait and then pick it up.

Worth taking seriously as the registrar i had did ask a lot of questions as they are actually suppose to make sure its a real realtionship.

But nothing to tough,As Rusty says worth taking lots of ID and proof of address.
    Also details of Bert (full name, date of birth) and where he resides also where the wedding is to be and what date.
    Worth writing down so they dont make any silly mistakes.

Nothing to worry about getting the CNI converted for phill at the embassy can be done by Bert (for sure the partner to be can ) or a family member (i think i recall correctly) people on here have found.

Good luck and dont forget all us members like to have some e wedding cake

andypaul is right...
    the partner can change it in the british embassy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
    andypaul is right...
    the partner can change it in the british embassy.
    Thank you Ann07 Info like that can save people a lot of time and money.

Blimey I got something right, quick I had better tell the Wife

Theres a first for everything

Thanks guys, I'll call tomorrow. Have to set a date and stuff too then, scary stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by cruisingkerry View Post
    Thanks guys, I'll call tomorrow. Have to set a date and stuff too then, scary stuff!!
    Nothing to it, I managed it and if i can do it

I did not need to give exact date but the CNI issued in the United Kingdom should be presented to this Embassy within 3 months of it being issued.

Hi Kerry where in philippines will you marry ,i am getting wed in Davao in Sept 28th

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    Hi Kerry

Yeah you have to phone reistrar and book an appoiment in my brough of london the nearest Interview was wuite a few weeks off.

Then you have to wait and then pick it up.

Worth taking seriously as the registrar i had did ask a lot of questions as they are actually suppose to make sure its a real realtionship.

But nothing to tough,As Rusty says worth taking lots of ID and proof of address.
    Also details of Bert (full name, date of birth) and where he resides also where the wedding is to be and what date.
    Worth writing down so they dont make any silly mistakes.

Nothing to worry about getting the CNI converted for phill at the embassy can be done by Bert (for sure the partner to be can ) or a family member (i think i recall correctly) people on here have found.

Good luck and dont forget all us members like to have some e wedding cake
    Don't know if it applies for a man, but when I applied they wanted to know the parents names as well as name, DOB and full postal address. They did also want to know exactly where the wedding would take place (address), but once you get the Philippines version, it doesn't matter if it doesn't take place there, you can marry anywhere in Phils once you've got a licence.
    Iain.

Quote Originally Posted by socool007 View Post
    Hi Kerry where in philippines will you marry ,i am getting wed in Davao in Sept 28th
    Not sure yet, Bert has only just found out he'll be staying home instead of going back to sea. Arrangements yet to be made!

hi kerry that's right if you get your CNI here you can send it to Bert and he can change it to UK embassy in Phils like what I did before and when my husband arrived in Phils that time everything's okay. Just a bit shocked that its Php 5000 now mine before is Php 2500. Good luck and wishing you both all the best

Hi,
    made appointment at registrar for 1st August today! Woo hoo!

K xx

well done and good luck

1) CNI appointment with nearest UK registry office, fee 30pounds. Designate a time and place for the wedding. The CNI is posted to you after 22 days (=21 clear days). The CNI goes out of date after 3 months.

2) British Embassy in Manila can convert this to a local equivalent after wait of 1/2 hour, fee about 50pounds in php equivalent. This document is on British Embassy letterhead and signed by the Consul and is recognised by the Philippines administration and is velid a further 3 months. Note: They ask for fiancee's CENOMAR now (and her passport, although they did recognise that passport not 100% necessary). The CENOMAR is the Philippines certificate of no marriage. So it is not so easy now to just pass through and have it 'converted' on the way to the wedding. Birth certificates of both parties seem required at all stages.

3) Proceed to marriage registration. This is normally done at the fiancee's local registry office. You then have to wait 11 days before you can get married. You can't avoid this because you can't register until you go there with ALL the paperwork and sign the registration. I don't think there is a fee for this, or it is very small. After the wedding you will get the local Certificate of Marriage which IS acceptable for spouse visa application purposes. The NSO (Nat Statistics Office) stationery certificate will follow in about 1 month but is not essential for visa application.

4) I have added 1 day to the official numbers of days because they work in "clear days" which is one day more.

5) I think my info is good because I just did it all last month.

A wedding can be beautifully done in the Philippines and very moving and I think hugely appreciated by the wife as well as the hub.

After the wedding there is the meticulous visa application and the agonizing wait!

Hope this is useful. It is up to date anyway.

I think the Brits are carrying off about 3 Filipino brides a day according to Home Office statistics, but it doesn't seem to make a dent in the population!

Same procedures apply females marrying Filipinos although this is less common.

hi grate-britte
    any news from the embassy????
    Matt & Trina Leach

Quote Originally Posted by grate-britte View Post
    1) CNI appointment with nearest UK registry office, fee 30pounds. Designate a time and place for the wedding. The CNI is posted to you after 22 days (=21 clear days).
    I didn't specify a date, and the location was relatively vague (Asuncion, Davao del Norte, Philippines).

Also, you can arrange to collect the CNI, rather than having it posted.

They ask for fiancee's CENOMAR now (and her passport, although they did recognise that passport not 100% necessary).
    I had Ruby's passport with me, but not CENOMAR. Perhaps this is a new requirement since January?

The NSO (Nat Statistics Office) stationery certificate will follow in about 1 month but is not essential for visa application.
    The NSO copy of the marriage certificate is essential for the Philippines visa application. It can take a year, or more, before NSO is able to issue the marriage certificate on their stationery. If you need it in a hurry (about 1 month minimum), you should ask your local registry office/local NSO for 'electronic endorsement'.

Thread Information