Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: student visa

perhaps it really depends on the type of student visa, or the documents that you have coz, I know persons who lodge documents last dec 18 and 19 and had their results already last week of january. according to vfs, the estimated time is usually 30 to 60 days anything late than that maybe normal but, you should have asked why its taking so long for your docs, anyays, we need to wait and just hope for the best....

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ikarospao View Post
    Hey its for the Student Visa. I assume yours is Spousal Visa?
    Perhaps you call the VFS and ask them about your queries.

God Bless!

Pao,thanks for your reply and yes I applied for a spouse visa.Anyway It's sorted and it's on process now.

Good luck to your application.

God bless you too!
    Life can be happier & less stressful if we remember one simple thought..We can't have all that we desire,but prayers will give us all that we deserve.God bless everyone!

wahhhhh.. huhuhu...

GodBless ALL......

relax guys, i know how it feels to wait for a long time. and to those who are worried they might not be able to attend the start of the class, it's an advantage i tell you... you can attend the next term (spring term sometime in april for most colleges). goodluck to those who are in the waiting list.

thanks for the encouragement doonat, all we have to do is really wait and pray and just hope for the best

well..again...called the VFS today and November 13 applicants was currently being process..

Respected Member
    well..again...called the VFS today and November 13 applicants was currently being process..

Hello Pao,

Is it positive result you got for your student visa?...Post a new thread and let us know.

Cheers!
    Life can be happier & less stressful if we remember one simple thought..We can't have all that we desire,but prayers will give us all that we deserve.God bless everyone!

after 65 WORKING DAYS I GOT MY RESULT and WELL AS EXPECTED
    submitted my docs Nov12 08..released feb20 09

REFUSED

Hehehehehehe.. Sorry if some part is tagalized.hehehe

REASON? AS EXPECTED i wont put it into details or the actual words kasi halos lahat ng mga pinaglalagay niya dun eh lahat PROBABILITY.

1. Hindi naniwala ang ECO na magaaral ako dun. KUNDI magwowork lang daw ako ng FULL-TIME to earn money..to pay my bills, accomodation and tuition.

im furious coz they dont have enough basis proofs or such..just a probability.

2. Hindi naniwala ang ECO na susupport ako ng daddy ko for all of my expenses. and we dont have enough funds. Since he wont be able to support me.. I will resort to work more than the allowed working hours for students.

what??????I HAVE COMPLETE DOCS and with our savings account ITS TOTALLY ENOUGH FOR MY EXPENSES. with the affidavits and such,,Eh mukhang hocus pocus lang ang ginawang pagcheck sa papers ko. At lalo akong nabadshot coz puro hula ang mga reason..

Hindi sa pagmamayabang napakalaki ng bank certificates na sinubmit ko almost Php9.5m with land titles, business and car regs.
    and what I get is a LOUSY REASON?

Hindi mo talaga maintindihan itong mga ECO. Hindi marunong mag background check. Bigay lang ng bigay ng kung ano anong reason. without enough proofs. Mukhang tamad na tamad sa trabaho nila. Im really pissed.
    Kahit na complete and documents mo DENIED. Minsan kahit sablay ang DOCS..APPROVE..

They gave me a chance to appeal but I doubt it. mapraning lang ako sa kakahintay and to the fact na i need a representative.. another 35 thousand on my pocket.

Mas mabilis pa magre apply instead na magappeal. The only problem e ang VFS. Puno na ang slot at jam packed na ng NVQ Applicants until MAY. What kind of service is that.. Naging regional hub ang manila and then the Visa section lacks resources big time.

For those na nagpplano mag student visa.. think twice..or even a hundred times before kayo magdecide to do it. its a 50/50 chance. In my part i just wanted to study there and maybe padagdag sa work experience and experience to live by myself. heheh..if you want to score a lot of money in UK well student visa is not the way.

Anyway Im planning to reapply again hehe. There is always a second chance.hehe

Respected Member
    after 65 WORKING DAYS I GOT MY RESULT and WELL AS EXPECTED
    submitted my docs Nov12 08..released feb20 09

REFUSED

Hehehehehehe.. Sorry if some part is tagalized.hehehe

REASON? AS EXPECTED i wont put it into details or the actual words kasi halos lahat ng mga pinaglalagay niya dun eh lahat PROBABILITY.

1. Hindi naniwala ang ECO na magaaral ako dun. KUNDI magwowork lang daw ako ng FULL-TIME to earn money..to pay my bills, accomodation and tuition.

im furious coz they dont have enough basis proofs or such..just a probability.

2. Hindi naniwala ang ECO na susupport ako ng daddy ko for all of my expenses. and we dont have enough funds. Since he wont be able to support me.. I will resort to work more than the allowed working hours for students.

what??????I HAVE COMPLETE DOCS and with our savings account ITS TOTALLY ENOUGH FOR MY EXPENSES. with the affidavits and such,,Eh mukhang hocus pocus lang ang ginawang pagcheck sa papers ko. At lalo akong nabadshot coz puro hula ang mga reason..

Hindi sa pagmamayabang napakalaki ng bank certificates na sinubmit ko almost Php9.5m with land titles, business and car regs.
    and what I get is a LOUSY REASON?

Hindi mo talaga maintindihan itong mga ECO. Hindi marunong mag background check. Bigay lang ng bigay ng kung ano anong reason. without enough proofs. Mukhang tamad na tamad sa trabaho nila. Im really pissed.
    Kahit na complete and documents mo DENIED. Minsan kahit sablay ang DOCS..APPROVE..

They gave me a chance to appeal but I doubt it. mapraning lang ako sa kakahintay and to the fact na i need a representative.. another 35 thousand on my pocket.

Mas mabilis pa magre apply instead na magappeal. The only problem e ang VFS. Puno na ang slot at jam packed na ng NVQ Applicants until MAY. What kind of service is that.. Naging regional hub ang manila and then the Visa section lacks resources big time.

For those na nagpplano mag student visa.. think twice..or even a hundred times before kayo magdecide to do it. its a 50/50 chance. In my part i just wanted to study there and maybe padagdag sa work experience and experience to live by myself. heheh..if you want to score a lot of money in UK well student visa is not the way.

Anyway Im planning to reapply again hehe. There is always a second chance.hehe

Hi Pao,

Sorry to hear that. Anyways the ECO are crazy. I think they are only guessing and if they aren't tired then they will approve it but if ever they do then they will refuse you..

Now it made me scared about my visa application as I've waited for 3 months and still no result..Like yours imagine 65 working days and your expecting to get a positive result and OMG that's too frustrating after all the waiting.

I really don't know about the outcome of my visa but you're absolutely right that there's a chance to reapply..Who knows maybe next you will be approve?..

Well thank you very much for posting about your visa result and I do hope you will have whatever you desire when you apply for next time..

Till here and may God bless us all..

Wish us luck!

hi pao sorry to hear that goodluck for ur reapplying again

iam sorry to hear abt that pao, hayy, got nervous naman about that, anyways, im just crossing my fingers and praying na ren, i also just want to study and gain additional experience, am totally aware that its too hard to prove that to them,anyways just try again, malay mo nga....:p

i also want to share my denied student visa experience

all documents are complete.too bad i was denied last january. damn!

reasons:

1.wrong choose of course: I choose IT Systems Support for Network Professionals - Level 3 Diploma in NESCOT.

They told me that its better for me to study it here in philippines. Hell no such thing of that combination of course here. I also put in my application the reason that's why i want to study there because the equipments there are not outdated like in the schools here. you can only handle new equipment here in huge companies.

My first choice of course is Msc Network Infras. but I can't get the 6.5 grade in IELTS.
    I already took it twice, i still got 6.0. damn! They also can't believe that im willing to leave my job just to study there. They said im already an IT officer and I still want to study for a diploma course in UK. Hello, IT Officer in Phil is < Technician in UK lol

2. Mistake again - I only submitted evidence of support from my sponsor. They said I must have my own money or I submitted my own bank statement to support my self also.
    they got a point in there.

3.They just don't believe that I am going to finish my curriculum in UK. I haven't started yet they already predicted that, they are so good. But im not that idiot to do that.

I just want to share this to warn also other applicants. If you are a college graduate make sure you are going to take better or higher course.
    it should be Msc or Post-Graduate diploma. Also, make sure you have your own money in the bank that will support your self (6 months bank statement)

I wish that's the way also how our embassy filtered them going here. bitter

Not sure if I will still going to apply again. Probably I'll try to retake IELTS exam again.

another tip, if you are rich enough. go to uk first for visit visa. then when you came back here you apply your student visa so that you can apply for the fastrack.
    everybody in the application office is applying for student visa. hehehe

Hmmmmm... Really sorry...

So who else applied here who was turned down? Any good news?

We are still planning to pursue my sister's visa application, but it seems that it will be very impossible now... i still havent got a clue...

i was on student visa when i first came to the UK around 2003...till 2007 then i got married.

i remember queueing up in the british embassy in manila. I got interviewed very quickly and got my visa the same day ( after a few hours ). voila!

which uni did u apply to?

some tips:

- make sure you have ALL documents you can think of. As in EVERYTHING.its better to have so much than lack thereof. bring show money!!! its all about the money these days sadly :(
    - the more money you can show, the higher your chances. Why? it will show that if something goes wrong, you an be supported.
    - wear glasses to look smart and look innocent.
    - always mention youre going back to the philippines to work after studying. (seriously they love hearing that..)
    - they asked me during the interview if BSc Biomedical Sciences (my degree) is available in the philippines. i said no, i plan to study that as my pre-med and im coming back to do medicine in manila. i think it worked though. hehe
    - smile, be charming and innocent.
    - if you want to study here, make sure you apply in universities not colleges (theres a difference, look this up). if u get in a "university" and you show them your acceptance form, and they know you can support yourself when something goes wrong, i think they will give you a visa.

They gave me 3 years multiple entry. When it expired, and i opted for the 4 yr track for my course..the International Students Office in my university did all the renewing of visa for me. i just filled up forms and gave them my passport.

so good luck to whoever wants to apply!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information