Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: student visa

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    good luck, but i've heard of people with sponsors who had £10,000s in the bank but still refused.
    You're right Joe not only with a huge savings
    I have my friend here was refused a Student Visa just last month because of improper documentation and not credible reasons right now she's waiting for her appeal result I hope she'll get the good result in the end
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

thanks for the heads up. I'll organize and double check my documents.

@kukurokuk
    what credible reason she answered?

Quote Originally Posted by ballistix View Post
    thanks for the heads up. I'll organize and double check my documents.

@kukurokuk
    what credible reason she answered?
    Hi sorry for the late reply, yes in regards to my friend refusal the ECO didn't found credible reason to her application..She finished BS Nursing she didn't take yet Licensure examination and The ECO didnt satisfy her reasons to study in UK just to uplift her knowlege (etc...)on the said skills instead they adviced her to take the review here in PHil coz cheaper compare to the expenses she will paid for her study in UK but she made an appeal clarifying her concerns

Goodluck
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

I already made an appointment for submitting my application. However, it still says in my application form that "Payment Made: No". Is this normal?

Banned
    I already made an appointment for submitting my application. However, it still says in my application form that "Payment Made: No". Is this normal?
    Its normal,just bring the receipt w/ you

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    good luck, but i've heard of people with sponsors who had £10,000s in the bank but still refused.

so maybe they should have cash in the bank to cover at least 1yr of your fees, and other expenses to help get your visa.

there are people on here who got student visas, maybe their too busy studying ............ or working
    both! 2 days school and 3 days work. working hours is authorized by the school and the nursing home.

having £10k fund in your account does not guarantee you a visa. it takes a lot to convince the ECO about your purpose why you want to study in uk.

Anyone who lodged their papers in the last two months?-STUDENT VISA
    How long is the waiting time for the processing?
    I lodged my papers last November 12. It's been 1 month and 10 days now.
    Its hard to wait for the visa to come out..
    thanks for those who gonna reply.

1month and 10days. i hope you already got your visa now.

got a problem now, again.wahaha
    my class will start on 6 January 2009.
    I just lodge my visa application last december 17.
    if i will not get my visa before the class start what am i gonna do?

the next sem starts on sept 2009.
    from what i read, the embassy is not giving the student visa 3 months early

Respected Member
    1month and 10days. i hope you already got your visa now.

got a problem now, again.wahaha
    my class will start on 6 January 2009.
    I just lodge my visa application last december 17.
    if i will not get my visa before the class start what am i gonna do?

the next sem starts on sept 2009.
    from what i read, the embassy is not giving the student visa 3 months early
    To be honest it was always likely you were going to have a problem - 7 working days ain't long enough to get a student visa issued.

Have you contacted the Admissions Office at the place where you are going to study to see if they will let you enroll late for the course?

hehehe.yeah always got a problem.

yeah i already contact them. they said i can enroll about two weeks late.
    but i think i cannot make it. coz when i called the vfs yesterday, they said the embassy is still on the october student applicants. so probably ill get my visa within feb or march.
    which is so bad. probably ill just wait for it and ask for another acceptance letter from the institution for the next term which is september.

Respected Member
    hehehe.yeah always got a problem.

yeah i already contact them. they said i can enroll about two weeks late.
    but i think i cannot make it. coz when i called the vfs yesterday, they said the embassy is still on the october student applicants. so probably ill get my visa within feb or march.
    which is so bad. probably ill just wait for it and ask for another acceptance letter from the institution for the next term which is september.
    Are you going to have to apply again? If so from the end of March 2009 I believe the application process will have changed.

I'm not sure. It depends on the reply or result of my first application. If I will have an Interview ill show them another acceptance letter from the institution for the month of September.

From what I've read its going to be Point system, right? I hope they just grant my student visa so that i don't need to apply again and i can also save money

its been 30 days, i still don't have my visa...still waiting

Newbie (Restricted Access)

student visa

hi there!im in the process of organizing my documents needed for my student visa , i just want to ask for opinions.I'm planning to apply for student visa.but my concern is my sponsor who is my uncle an american citizen.He will be the one to sponsor me for my studies.But he's not working anymore because he continued he's studies in US.Is he still qualified to be my sponsor eventhough he's a student?your response will be very much appreciated.thanks

Got a text message and says that ill pick up the result of my application tom. i hope they granted my student visa application. Got a mix emotion here

Respected Member
    Got a text message and says that ill pick up the result of my application tom. i hope they granted my student visa application. Got a mix emotion here
    Hi ballistix,

Good luck to your student visa application
    Life can be happier & less stressful if we remember one simple thought..We can't have all that we desire,but prayers will give us all that we deserve.God bless everyone!

hi ballistix

hows the result of your visa?when did u lodge ur papers? dec 17 2008?whoa that was fast..
    im still waiting for my visa.. its been 42 working days now..
    ive called UKVAC and at this point they were processing the October 22 Applicants..

Quote Originally Posted by ghirleeh_lim View Post
    hi there!im in the process of organizing my documents needed for my student visa , i just want to ask for opinions.I'm planning to apply for student visa.but my concern is my sponsor who is my uncle an american citizen.He will be the one to sponsor me for my studies.But he's not working anymore because he continued he's studies in US.Is he still qualified to be my sponsor eventhough he's a student?your response will be very much appreciated.thanks
    hi there. can i ask you how long did he stayed in the us? because if he has all the means (money, properties, bank statements, previous work, etc..), then you can still use him as sponsor. also try to weight things between you and your sponsor like knowing how many dependent he has, does he have a good credit history, and other info that can establish his ability to support your studies.

and to be safe dont mention your sponsor is studying, or he can declare his status as "retired" employee.

Quote Originally Posted by doonat View Post
    hi there. can i ask you how long did he stayed in the us? because if he has all the means (money, properties, bank statements, previous work, etc..), then you can still use him as sponsor. also try to weight things between you and your sponsor like knowing how many dependent he has, does he have a good credit history, and other info that can establish his ability to support your studies.

and to be safe dont mention your sponsor is studying, or he can declare his status as "retired" employee.

Thanks for the reply doonat! he's staying there for almost 30 years now with his wife only coz they don't have a child.Yeah, he has properties here in the philippines and in US.if he will declare that he is a retired employee, so i must show some supporting documents like retirement certificate, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ghirleeh_lim View Post
    Thanks for the reply doonat! he's staying there for almost 30 years now with his wife only coz they don't have a child.Yeah, he has properties here in the philippines and in US.if he will declare that he is a retired employee, so i must show some supporting documents like retirement certificate, right?
    yup. and 1m pesos deposited in your account as a proof of money.

hello! im a new member here! im applying for student visa and my sponsor is a japanese national.How can i present my sponsor's documents which is written in japanese?any idea could help

I have been refused last year under student visa category. It is also a matter of chance or luck. I know UK immigration is so stiff and stringent. As much as they could find a reason or reasons for u to be refused, they will. But, what the heck, if they get refused, then, why not retry... they sometimes only need u to come back to show how genuinely you are seeking to study in the UK. Good luck and let's hope for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by kingjames_629 View Post
    hello! im a new member here! im applying for student visa and my sponsor is a japanese national.How can i present my sponsor's documents which is written in japanese?any idea could help
    Easy, all documents that are originally written in a non-english language must be professionally and accurately translated into English... so as to where you must have done it, I am sure, any legal or professional translators will do, as long as it is notarized and sealed by a solicitor afterwards, that the translation is correct and well-translated as it is from the original language text... Upon submission of your requirements, the original paper and its translated english text must go together ...hope this helps...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by asiansmiler View Post
    Easy, all documents that are originally written in a non-english language must be professionally and accurately translated into English... so as to where you must have done it, I am sure, any legal or professional translators will do, as long as it is notarized and sealed by a solicitor afterwards, that the translation is correct and well-translated as it is from the original language text... Upon submission of your requirements, the original paper and its translated english text must go together ...hope this helps...
    Thank you for the reply asiansmiler, it really helps a lot

am still awaiting for my student visa result.I lodge my docs last dec 22, anyone here who rcvd any result or news bout thier visa? I know persons who rcvd results from dec 19 applicants...

Unhappy Still Waiting...........................

Quote Originally Posted by dyannesky View Post
    am still awaiting for my student visa result.I lodge my docs last dec 22, anyone here who rcvd any result or news bout thier visa? I know persons who rcvd results from dec 19 applicants...
    Me too dyannesky, Im Still waiting for the result of my Student Visa Application, I Lodge my Docs. Last Month Jan. 6, 2009 its exactly 1month now, and the Problem is the start of my Class in UK is Feb.09. this coming Monday..

dont worry , I think schools will take into consideration the time visa will be approved, according to the vfs site, usu the decision effective december 2008 is between 30-60 days, so brace yourself, am a bit worried too since the commencement is jan 6, so last month pa, but according to my school I just need to inform them once I get the result, so am waiting for 5 weeks now.so just be patient! and pray as well....

Just called VFS today. British Embassy Started Processing November first week applicants.
    I lodged last November 12, still waiting for the result. Exactly February 12, it would be my 3 months of waiting. I hope the long wait will be over.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ikarospao View Post
    Just called VFS today. British Embassy Started Processing November first week applicants.
    I lodged last November 12, still waiting for the result. Exactly February 12, it would be my 3 months of waiting. I hope the long wait will be over.

Hi there!

Are you sure that they just started to process the November first week applicants?

Is it for all types of visa or just the student visa?

I applied a settlement visa last Nov 24,2008 and still waiting for the result.I've waited for 11 weeks this coming Monday.

Members of these forum got their result already and they applied same week as mine so I think it depends on the documents u submitted and the background check that's why it took long time for the result.

Good luck to all of us.

Wish to have a positive result soon.
    Life can be happier & less stressful if we remember one simple thought..We can't have all that we desire,but prayers will give us all that we deserve.God bless everyone!

Hi there!

Are you sure that they just started to process the November first week applicants?

Is it for all types of visa or just the student visa?

I applied a settlement visa last Nov 24,2008 and still waiting for the result.I've waited for 11 weeks this coming Monday.

Members of these forum got their result already and they applied same week as mine so I think it depends on the documents u submitted and the background check that's why it took long time for the result.

Good luck to all of us.

Wish to have a positive result soon.
    Hey its for the Student Visa. I assume yours is Spousal Visa?
    Perhaps you call the VFS and ask them about your queries.

God Bless!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information