Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Everyone deals with challenges in different ways that are dependent upon their belief systems. Some use optimism to get through. Others a subjective type of realism. Others still have a tendency towards pessimism.

All are valid for the person in question. I personally, and particularly as a Christian, am an optimist. I think Trina is the same.

My view is that a non-optimistic outlook can not encourage a positive outcome. Creativity and achievement is often stifled by realism and pessimism. Having said that, I do believe that optimism should be tempered by insight. Although not necessarily hindered by it.

I guess what works for one may not always work for another. Just my thoughts!
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    Everyone deals with challenges in different ways that are dependent upon their belief systems. Some use optimism to get through. Others a subjective type of realism. Others still have a tendency towards pessimism.

All are valid for the person in question. I personally, and particularly as a Christian, am an optimist. I think Trina is the same.

My view is that a non-optimistic outlook can not encourage a positive outcome. Creativity and achievement is often stifled by realism and pessimism. Having said that, I do believe if that optimism should be tempered by insight. Although not necessarily hindered by it.

I guess what works for one may not always work for another. Just my thoughts!

Matt & Trina Leach

trina you're lucky your husband is a laywer...my bf is still finding a job got no money :(

10 weeks and 1 day, that will be this Friday 01.08, I think that will be too late for Vanessa to catch the flight on 8th. Toks, Ahhhh such a pity, her birthday is on 9th. also.

WISH SHE WAS HERE !!!!

PS. a single malt helps somewhat, ha ha :-)
    JOHN and VANESSA

Hey my friend. I'm still wishing the best for Vanessa to get her visa asap. The 8th would have been nice but it's OK. I know how you feel. Pia is still there and I'm here. Sure it's getting closer but everything has been getting closer for over 3 years. Still when we are together it will be the perfect time.

If I had a car I would come and join you for that single malt. Of course I'd have to stay over and now might not be the safest time for me to do that

You are both in our prayers; the others waiting also.

Quote Originally Posted by Sconnie View Post
    10 weeks and 1 day, that will be this Friday 01.08, I think that will be too late for Vanessa to catch the flight on 8th. Toks, Ahhhh such a pity, her birthday is on 9th. also.

WISH SHE WAS HERE !!!!

PS. a single malt helps somewhat, ha ha :-)
    My yet again silly gut feeling is that both our responses will come together this week!!!

My wife's flight has been booked for the 18th Aug. I'm going to Manila on the 12th.

Best Wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by benb View Post
    My yet again silly gut feeling is that both our responses will come together this week!!!

My wife's flight has been booked for the 18th Aug. I'm going to Manila on the 12th.

Best Wishes!
    I admire your positivity mate! All the best to you both.

Best Wishes!
    Whoooooooooooooaaaaaaaaatttttttt???????
    Matt & Trina Leach

Quote Originally Posted by traveller View Post
    trina you're lucky your husband is a laywer...my bf is still finding a job got no money :(
    Thanks.... surely soon he will get one...Goodluck....
    Matt & Trina Leach

Quote Originally Posted by trina View Post
    Whoooooooooooooaaaaaaaaatttttttt???????
    Yes, still waiting for her VISA, but have booked a flexi (dates can be changed) ticket for both of us.

Best Wishes

Yes, still waiting for her VISA, but have booked a flexi (dates can be changed) ticket for both of us.

Best Wishes

Ahhh ok... don't worry it won't take long.......
    Matt & Trina Leach

Chocolate icecream and a chick flick?

Smile Counting down the days

This one always makes me think of us. Hope I can post:

Natalie Imbruglia Counting Down The Days
    (C) 2005 Brightside Recordings a division of Blue Sky Music Ltd under exlcusive license to SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT (UK) Limited.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_q8GCZVHSbg

You were right
    And I don't wanna be here
    If you're gonna be there
    Was that supposed to happen?

I'll hold tight
    I'll remember to smile
    Though it has been a while
    And without you doesn't matter

There's no room
    No place to start
    When our souls are apart

I wanna travel through time
    See your surprise
    Hold you so tight
    I'm counting down the days
    Tonight
    I just wanna be
    A million miles away from here

How you've been
    It's just the usual here
    And days are feeling like years
    And every day's without you

Now i cry
    Just a little too much
    when i think of your touch
    And every thing about you

I feel cold
    I'm in the dark
    When our souls are apart

See your surprise
    Hold you so tight
    Tonight
    I just wanna be

See your surprise
    Hold you so tight
    Tonight
    I just wanna be

I'm gonna be your surprise
    I'm gonna hold you so tight

See your surprise
    I'd hold you so tight
    Tonight
    I just wanna be

See your surprise
    I'd hold you so tight
    Tonight
    I just wanna be

Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    Hey my friend. I'm still wishing the best for Vanessa to get her visa asap. The 8th would have been nice but it's OK. I know how you feel. Pia is still there and I'm here. Sure it's getting closer but everything has been getting closer for over 3 years. Still when we are together it will be the perfect time.

If I had a car I would come and join you for that single malt. Of course I'd have to stay over and now might not be the safest time for me to do that

You are both in our prayers; the others waiting also.
    You are welcome any time Mate and I promise you very safe in my home even during this time of frustration
    JOHN and VANESSA

Best Wishes!
    I hope she receives her visa in good time, if Vanessa does not make the 8th. and can make the 18th. which airline have you booked your flights with ?
    JOHN and VANESSA

I hope she receives her visa in good time, if Vanessa does not make the 8th. and can make the 18th. which airline have you booked your flights with ?
    I'm going via Singaporeair - the new A380 plane.

Its Ł540 one way, but its a flexi ticket. That is Ł25 to change or cancel the flight. Valid until 30th Sep.

Mine is 12th to 18th, at Ł760 (flexi saver). Ł200 to cancel, but can use airmiles to cancel too.

Both bought directly from singaporeair.com

Cheers

Thanks Ben I will look into that, are you flying into London ? Vanessa will come to Newcastle.
    JOHN and VANESSA

Thanks Ben I will look into that, are you flying into London ? Vanessa will come to Newcastle.
    Yes, LHR.

hello im new to this site i got married in january in butaun, its been long journey hehehe, my wife applied for visa 2nd july 2008, the embassy said they would get back withen 1 month. but a friend off my wife got her visa 1 month 2 days after she applied so wow thats good news. so we hope and pray for good news soon.

Quote Originally Posted by grant View Post
    hello im new to this site i got married in january in butaun, its been long journey hehehe, my wife applied for visa 2nd july 2008, the embassy said they would get back withen 1 month. but a friend off my wife got her visa 1 month 2 days after she applied so wow thats good news. so we hope and pray for good news soon.
    When did your friend and his wife apply for spouse visa?
    Mench
    Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you hope and a future"

Hi Grant, I really hope that the embassy would speed up the processing now that they have relocated and hopefully have more staff and a better system. Its silly to make married couples wait. Even a month is too long.

Best Wishes,

Quote Originally Posted by menchkin View Post
    When did your friend and his wife apply for spouse visa?
    hello and thanks for your quote, my wifes friend apply to embassy, in april and she got her settelment visa in may, it only took 1 month and two days, no interveiws, nothing, just sent her visa with all the other paperwork she took to embassy, now she living with her hubby in the brighton area, im from dundee in scotland got married in butaun in january, my wifes from beauavista. we sent our deatails to embassy 2nd july, so heres hoping.take care my dear god bless

hello and thanks for your quote, my wifes friend apply to embassy, in april and she got her settelment visa in may, it only took 1 month and two days, no interveiws, nothing, just sent her visa with all the other paperwork she took to embassy, now she living with her hubby in the brighton area, im from dundee in scotland got married in butaun in january, my wifes from beauavista. we sent our deatails to embassy 2nd july, so heres hoping.take care my dear god bless
    Your friend's time of application happened prior to the relocation of the embassy. Maybe that's the reason why it only took one month processing. Most of the couples here who filed their applications on May waited for 10 weeks before they got results. But like benb mentioned, let's hope and pray that the processing will be quicker now that the embassy has already settled in their new location. I'm also waiting for a spouse visa and it's now my 2nd week of waiting (not yet too agonizing but I must agree that it's really hard to wait. hehe!). Let us know once your wife's visa is released.
    Mench
    Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you hope and a future"

walang auman/ sure my friend. and you two can let me know how your getting on with your visa also. take care god bless you

Quote Originally Posted by SephEan View Post
    Hi Trina!! I've been to that situation but i just waited for 7 weeks. I know how hard it feels girl. Here is a suggestion. Make an assesment, did you submit all documents needed(photos, letters, e-mails,tickets,marriage contract, bank statement, support letter, proof of accomodation, etc...) and does your hubby's savings acct. healthy? if the answer to all these questions is yes. Girl just relax(i know its hard to do) enjoy pinoy dish, watch your favorite teleserye, browse the store for some warming clothes, learn to cook english food, and most of all spend time with your family and pray...coz girl once u have ur visa, you are going to realize how fast it all happened. Good luck on your application. You'll be together soon, just like me and my hubby...
    yes Trina , sephean is absolutely right, i regret why i didnt left work when i got my Visa coz i didnt even spend time with some of my relatives living not in my city..so just enjoy while ur still there and do the things you think you will miss when your here in UK..

cheers

Respected Member

8 weeks

another 4 weeks to go and hopefully a positive result...good luck to all of us still in the waiting game...

Quote Originally Posted by demlyn888 View Post
    another 4 weeks to go and hopefully a positive result...good luck to all of us still in the waiting game...
    hi when did you apply???? i'm on my 8th weeks too...apply last 23 june 08
    Matt & Trina Leach

Respected Member
    hi trina,

same week as you we applied 27 June. hope we both ours with a very positive result. good luck...God bless...

Hi Cg.tj, I'm really interested to know more about that cheap fone calls from your pc. My hubby and I have been spending a fortune calling each other. they do not allow links here so I hope you can give it to me. pls. add me on my ym: dorresofarrell AT yahoo DOT com

Quote Originally Posted by demlyn888 View Post
    hi trina,

same week as you we applied 27 June. hope we both ours with a very positive result. good luck...God bless...
    yes we will receive positive result...no doubt.....maybe it is just a matter of time really..... well hope to get it very soon.....it's really hard to wait...but as sis menchkin said PATIENCE is a VIRTUE.....
    Matt & Trina Leach

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information